Isaac started his first year of baseball this season and yesterday was his first big game. Here he is covering first base since Andy never carried through on his threats of training him to be a left handed pitcher by duct taping his right arm to his body. There goes our millions for retirement!
Hey batta, batta!
SAFE!
The stadium wasn't quite as packed or as lively as Isaac had imagined....
But here's Andy, the unabomber, with the Auston's who, by the way, invited us over for the most incredible dinner Friday night. Korean Barbeque. IT. WAS. AWESOME! I think Andy single handedly ate his own body weight in beef which is really saying something, seeing is he's one of those eccentric environmentalists that think that eating too much meat is ecologically irresponsible. PSh. Yeah, he's one of THOSE. But he left a fat, happy man that night.
ANYWAY... Back to the game. I'd say the first hour went fantastic. The weather was perfect, the players were all pumped, and Lex and Scout did a great job keeping busy :)
But somewhere after the SECOND hour (what the?!), I think the game started to lose some of it's magic...
The players were all sitting down in the outfield or had their hands down their pants. I kept hearing Coach yell things like "Matt! Quit playing in the dirt!", or "James! Put your mitt on and turn around!" It was very humorous and entertaining as I'm sure all little league games are. Can't wait for next Saturday!



12 comments:
I think that every guy has that fantasy about their sons being left handed pitchers. Nate talks about the same thing.
Its not right to talk about Korean bbqs around people who are craving meat. I had to get my fix with 5 guys thanks to you.
Little league is too funny! I am glad the first hour was exciting. At least you had good company.
Little League is all about the snack at the end of the game. Sounds like fun.
Ha, ha! That pic of the boys being tired is so funny. Maybe they ought to shorten those games, huh? :) Where do they play? It looks like those boys could use a few spectators. James and I would love to come get some sun and cheer them on. :)
I like the pic of Issac running to first base, cuz the kid playing second is totally facing the wrong way. --James
Its funny you should mention the snack at the end of the game, as about halfway through that's all any of the kids talked about...where's my snocone? do we get our snocones now? what kind of snocone did you get...
I can't wait for little league! It's a long way off for us, but those are my favorite memories when I was little. I had 2 older brothers so it seemed like I was at the field ALL DAY.
So so funny!!
I cant wait for Connor and Liam to play sports!!! Although, for us it will probably be soccer and lacrosse. The pic of the boys laying around on the bench is hilarious!
That's so funny! But seriously Isaac looks like he will be a natural. I can't wait to go to Little League games!
You tell a great story, Becky! I especially love that last shot of the kids!
Just wish you had pics of the game where the kids got to wear cups and the boys were taking turns knocking on each others' and knocking on their own. Aside from snowcones, I think that baseball "gear," especially cups, is the highlight of Little League!
Post a Comment