It started with THIS delicious spread. And who do you think was responsible for such delectable cuisine?
This guy, that's who. Yes indeed, Drew has expanded his cooking horizons. Not only can he make "just add water" pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches (that man can make a MEAN grilled cheese), he can also make chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for dessert. mmmmm.....
Like our new center piece? ...more like a deer in the headlights...
So after dinner, we had FHE about testimonies and let the kids practice bearing theirs. I'm in a little FHE group where each month we meet together and trade assignments for a specific topic. It takes a bit of time but it's totally worth it to me because of how smoothly our home evenings have been since I've started it. Plus it's great material for primary talks!
This is our little FHE board. It's so handy and I love it. It has 2 white/magnetic boards, plenty of little pockets and strips for displaying visual aids, and it's a tri-fold contraption that stands on it's own and collapses for easy storage. The only thing it was missing was a flannel board so I just bought some blue felt, plastered it with some spray adhesive and there you have it!
Meet our friend, Gordon. I just named him that. You like? He's our little friend that helps us lead the music. It's just a wooden spoon that I fixed up to look like a musical conductor. Kindof silly, but it gets the kids involved and they love it...er, I mean, HIM.
After FHE, we all snuggled up on the couch, drank hot chocolate and watched America's Funniest Home Videos.



5 comments:
My kids lead with a wooden spoon without a face on it. I've been meaning to make a little person on it for a while--maybe someday. I love those relaxing nights (especially when I'm not cooking the dinner!).
Cute cute cute! I love your little board for FHE stuff! So cute!!
Lazy Sunday for me does nit mean cooking Thanksgiving dinner...its more like cheese crisps or frozen pizza. You're making me wish that I did FHE group. Although Reese is a bit small to lead the music.
how fun!
we watch america's funniest home videos every sunday too.
about the photographer...if you look on her website you can see her prices, it was kind of pricey, but i think it was totally worth it. and she was great.
just google andrea burns...
Nothing's better than the hubbie making the dinner. I'll have to come over to look at your FHE stuff. It looks fun, and I am getting excited for when Caleb will want to participate. :)
Post a Comment