Sunday, August 16, 2009

Polka dot party


So we finally got around to having Lexi's birthday party. Andy and Isaac went camping with the scouts this weekend so we figured it was the perfect time to do it.


We had a lot of fun with the polka dot theme. We played several games by just putting some colored dots on the floor. Twister, Musical Chairs (played with POLKA MUSIC, of course!), Simon Says, and Hullabaloo kind of all meshed together.



We also decorated bags with buttons and sequins, made bracelets, decorated cupcakes and made homemade ice cream in a bag -complete with bubble gum polka dots. Some of the girls thought that was crazy, so I'm wondering...am I the only one that used to love bubble gum ice cream as a kid?!

My polka pretties :)

7 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

I LOVE the polka dot theme! That is super cute. And I am in LOVE with Lexi's hair! I think little bobs are so cute on little girls! Happy be-lated birthday Lexi!

The Gibby's said...

Cute idea Beck!

adventure knitter said...

so THAT's why meg was telling me that we could make ice cream in a bag for FHE. i thought she was just crazy! the girls had a lot of fun!!

Nate and Lori said...

Funny thing...can't believe that I'm admitting this, but I had thought of having a polka dot party for my baby's 1st birthday. Guess I'll have to think of something else now. Good thing the baby's not even born yet. Yes...i need to get a life.

adrienne and ryan said...

Oh no, bummble gum ice cream was the bomb when I was little! And Lori isn't so crazy--I had Cael first birthday and Halloween costume planned before he was born. That's a really cute idea for a party.

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

You still are my favorite mom! You have the cutest kids and ideas and you are just so cute!

Tiffany said...

What a cute theme. You're not crazy with the ice cream. I LOVED bubble gum shakes at Purple Turtle (have you been there?) when I was growing up. Now, I can't believe I used to eat that.