Wednesday, June 1, 2011

That's DOCTOR Andrew Johnson to you, Bub!

What a proud moment this was! I was overwhelmed with emotion as I watched Drew get hooded. I think because I witnessed, 1st hand, the amount of diligent, hard work it took him to get here. Years and years of stress, financial worry, and lack of sleep. How many nights did I leave him studying at the kitchen table as I went up to bed alone? How many times has he lost his appetite, sick with worry, over a test or finances? How many mornings have I seen him drag that backpack out the front door? How many times did I go Christmas shopping for the kids by myself because he was cramming for finals? How many cases of Mountain Dew has he plowed through over the years just to get through?

Let's just say, more than I can count. But all of that is no more! Because...

We.Are.DONE!!


Yeeeeeeehaaaaaw!!
Congratulations boys!! You done made us proud!


Andy's dad and I are notorious for excessive picture taking, so between the 2 of us, I'd say the day was more than sufficiently documented. Ü

Early in the AM...

Before the hat hair


(During the ceremony)





Joyful reunion on Baltimore Street!

Scared of the tassel... (of course)




Watching London pick her nose...


So glad Andy's parents could share this special day with us!





"Loud Mormon", "Nice Mormon", "Tall Mormon", "Sarcastic Mormon"


(and spouses)
Honestly, we couldn't have survived these last 4 years without these wonderful people, right here.


The whole gang
(and London still picking her nose)


On our way to Red Robin for lunch!
(I think we were all a little exhausted after a long day of celebrating.)

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

Congrats on being done! Isn't it such a GREAT feeling!! And btw....I LOVE your dress Becky! You are so beautiful! Good luck with the big move!

Lis said...

Seriously! I think I cried during the entire ceremony! Something about the blood sweat and tears! :) You looked great though and we're so excited you're done too!

Nate and Lori said...

Best.Day.EVER!!!!!!!!!!

Sad that the kiss photo didn't make it. :)