Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ain't she purdy?

These pictures are so special to me not just because they are of my precious little Lex but because my dear, sweet grandmother Christensen made this adorable outfit. I love my grandma so much. When I was in college I used to go hang out at her house for hours and hours laughing with her and listening to all her fun, crazy stories. We loved to laugh together. She was the one who taught me how to crochet an afghan (even though the finished product was about the size of a beach towel :) ) and the one who always encouraged me to keep dancing. I don't think she missed a single one of my dance recitals. I've always felt that this obsessive love of dance created a special connection between us. She was a beautiful woman and a beautiful dancer. She loved clocks and probably had at least 5 in every room of her house. That cursed coo coo clock in the kitchen scared the bajeebees out of me while studying there late one night. She loved old westerns and always wore turquoise native american jewelry. She was also a wonderful cook. I always looked forward to her magnificent parker house rolls which she never failed to send bags and bags home with us. She was creative and spunky, a little bit prejudice ;) and always tons and tons of fun.
My grandma passed away last year as Andy and I were driving our little family across the country moving from Utah to Maryland. I wasn't even able to attend her funeral but every time I see these pictures I am reminded of her and the wonderful grandmother, teacher and friend that she was to me.








































































































































And a HUGE thanks to my dear friend Lori who I roped into taking these pictures for me. There's so many cute ones I can't decide which one I like best!

15 comments:

Dr. J said...

It's quite clear the girl was blessed with superior genetics.

Lisa Dean said...

Wow, I love these pictures! Lexi is such a doll!! I'm really sorry that you lost your Grandma. She was so sweet. I loved going over to visit her with you. I am really glad that you have such good memories and talents that remind you of your grandma.

Shelley said...

That outfit is so cute! I can't believe that your grandma made it! I am a Christensen also. I wonder if we are related. If I remember right, my grandpa's Christensen family lived in Richmond, Utah. Anyway, that is really sweet about your grandma - it is hard when such special people go. These pictures are really cute; you must be thrilled.

Bloom Family said...

I absolutely love those pictures! Where did you guys take them :) love the background and the outfit your grandma made is just adorable!

rexandkate said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those pictures! She is SOOOO beautiful and I LOVE that outfit. That is such a sweet post. I LOVE her hair too. You are amazing.
Kate

Nate and Lori said...

What? You didn't include the pics with the horse crap in the background. When I saw those I about died...there really is no cropping that out either. I can not believe that she sat for 400+ pics. I do think that my favorite ones are of her on the picnic table, which you didn't include on here but she has such a cute smile in those ones. Hopefully we didn't traumatize her too much and she's gotten over all of the mosquito bites.

Stephanie Grant said...

Lexi looks like a painting she is so beautiful just like her mother

adventure knitter said...

where did you take these pics?? so cute!

The Long Family said...

What beautiful pictures! She is such a pretty girl...and the outfit is darling! What a nice way to remember such a wonderful grandma!

Aaron and Melissa said...

SO cute! That is so fun to have those pictures and to have that cute outfit to remind you of your Grandma.

Haskins said...

She looks so cute!!! i love how you did her hair! How did you do that? I love the pics!! Super cute!

Hauni said...

These pictures are adorable! Reading about your grandma reminded me so much of mine and how much I miss her. She also would wear native american turquoise jewelery. Your grandma sounds like an amazing women! You are lucky to have had someone who was so encouraging and supporting!

The Farrell Family said...

So precious. Those pics are beautiful!

Christi said...

Her pictures are completely beautiful! She is going to be a heart breaker- good luck with that!

The Gibby's said...

CUTE! Beck she looks gorgeous! I don't know which one I would pick either. They are all so great. Love her hair like that.