Monday, December 22, 2008


I think this may be Isaac's last year believing in Santa. He's getting a little too smart for his own good. I'm really glad he's learning to read and everything but it sure makes it difficult when Andy and I are trying to spell things like double you-eye-eye, jee-ay-em-eee and I can hear Isaac sounding it out in the back seat. Blast!


Andy took the kids to our ward Christmas party solo this year. Apparently it took some coaxing to get Lex to sit on Santa's (a fellow dental student) lap. At least it was better than last year at the mall when Santa offered her a candy cane and she threw it on the floor.


Every Christmas break we spend most nights sleeping in the family room with the tree lights on and watch Christmas movies. This is usually the turnout -Mom and Dad fall asleep and the kids stay up past midnight.


We've had fun going to see the lights at the DC temple the past couple years. It's no temple square because the grounds are much smaller but they have a live nativity and the temple is absolutely beautiful. The tailgate of hot cocoa and cookies were such a great idea I think we'll have to do it every year.






Since I've been surgically attached to my couch the past 2 months I've had a lot of time to work on baby's stocking. It was really nice to have something productive to do instead of watch TV all day and it was a wonderful reminder of why I'm putting my body through such torture. Now all I need is a name to stitch on the top!

2 comments:

Paul said...

How about Paul... or Paula... either way works for me

The Gibby's said...

Wow Beck! The stockings are amazing! I can't believe you make those! I just buy mine at WalMart or Target. Boooo.