So my first born celebrated yet another birthday this week and he knew exactly what he wanted to do for his party. It was a sleepover so we started with a Star Wars themed dinner including Tie Fighter Ties, Wookie Cookies, and Yoda Soda.
We were thinking about having an R2 D2 cake but decided a Wii remote could be cool (and a WHOLE heck of a lot easier for mom to make, to be honest. It's a freakin' rectangle.) Oh, and I've started making my own marshmallow fondant by the way, which is a whole lot cheaper and lot more tasty!
We had a few kids opt not to stay the night but the boys who did, did a great job. No nightmares or bed wetting or anything like that. Phew!
For his birthday, Isaac wanted a Snuggie of all things. I'm serious. Ever since I got mine for Christmas, it's been the envy of my entire family and apparently Isaac gets cold when he plays the Wii downstairs. So I made one for him. And so that he can wear his in peace, I made one for Lexi as well.
So here we all are, wearing our Snuggies, and playing the Wii on Isaac's birthday. (Andy has one too but we'll see if he's ever man enough to wear it!)
Making one of his new Legos Star Wars ships with Dad. Pardon me, but I just have to say that I think Drew looks delicious in scrubs. Even when he desperately needs a haircut. You'd think that being married to a hairdresser, he'd always look trim and freshly shorn, but nay. That man hates getting his hair cut.



6 comments:
Love the cake! Hey, can you color that fondant? Do you mind emailing me the recipe? I'm making a cake for Easton's birthday, and need to make some fondant decoartions for it.
What an awesome birthday party! I have never tried fondant. One of these years...
Happy Birthday to Isaac! I think that is fun that everyone has a snuggie. I have to be honest that James and I would always make fun of the snuggies on the TV, but it looks like they are working quite well for you guys! :)
Happy Birthday to Isaac! The snuggies are hilarious. And I really think it takes talent to do the Wii in a snuggie. Look at how talented you all are! Oh, and it looks like the little couch made it down the stairs. Did the big one ever get there? The last we heard of that thing, it was wedged in your stairwell. Oh dear.
Call me crazy but those Tie Fighter Ties look an awful lot like X-Wings..... I'm just sayin'
-Paul
Oh really Paul? Huh, well next time you come over, I'm going to give you a hot dog and a bread stick and see what kind of intricate intergalactic contraption YOU can come up with!
Post a Comment