Today we took London down to Johns Hopkins to get some testing done. The poor little thing was injected with a radioactive isotope (wait, did I just say RADIOACTIVE?!!) and then strapped to a table, papoose style, for some imaging scans.
We had about an hour and a half to kill after the 1st injection, to allow the chemicals to travel through London's system, so we grabbed some lunch and wandered through the gift shop. That's where I found this adorable little hedgehog. I thought he was so cute and when I showed him to London, she seriously freaked out and had a mini excitement seizure. After such a long, hard day of being poked and prodded and starved of both food and sleep, how could we not buy it for her? I mean really, with that little bandaged hand and the "Star Patient" sticker stuck to her pj's, I probably would've bought her a pony if she'd asked for it!
She likes to bite his face.
So the testing went really well. They were able to get all the kidney images they needed AND without even having to sedate London like planned. Being a bit of a medicine phobe, (is there an official name for that?) I was thrilled about that. She just fell asleep on her own and slept, still as a statue, for an hour and 15 minutes while they ran the scan.
The tests results however, weren't as positive as we would've liked. Apparently she does have some scarring on one of her kidneys. Nothing earth shattering and nothing that requires us to take immediate action but it's good to know what condition her kidneys are in so we know if they get any worse. Right now the plan is to just keep pushing the daily antibiotics and watch for fevers until her repeat VCUG in September.
And there you have it. Any questions?
And now on a totally unrelated topic, someone likes her new high chair! ...and so does London. Dang, I'm funny.
I love that there's no intricate tray, no cloth to collect stains, no difficult cracks or crevices to wipe out... Thank you IKEA!
Oh, don't let this smiling little face fool you. This girl does NOT appreciate tummy time.
But she sure enjoys Tubba Time! And drinking the bath water, unfortunately.
Last week I went down to the dental school to get some x rays done by my fabulous new dentist and he thought he'd check out London's new little chompers as well.
He thought wrong.



8 comments:
It sounds like she did as well as can be expected for all that testing! YIKES. She is so cute :)
Oh, I love that little girl! We are thinking of her.
Beck, how much was that high chair? I LOVE it! I need one, but I hate all the strange characters, nasty cloth, germ plastic covered foam ones. The wood ones are so expensive!
Andy looks so handsome in his gear!
Hales, the high chair was only 25 bucks! Sweet, right? You can't even get one off Craigs list for that cost. I was stoked. Finally! A simple, basic high chair that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And I love the inconspicuous-ness of it. Why was this so frickin' hard to find?
And yes, I agree. Andy does looks fantastic in those double lensed bifocals.
How nice that London fell asleep on her own and she didn't have to be sedated! One small blessing! Thanks for the update. James told me she was going in for something, so I've been thinking about sweet little London. She is sure a little trooper.
Poor girl! Hope she doesn't get any worse. She sure is adorable, and the hedgehog is really cute.
What a blessing to have such a wonderful baby. Im pretty sure that Reese and I would go crazy if we had to go through that whole ordeal.
And Loupes Andy? Is that really necessary? :)
we have the same ikea high chair and LOVE IT! i love not having gross fabric folds to collect leftovers.
Perfect dentist pics. I'm sorry you guys are having struggles with London's health, but grateful things are at least alright for now. I'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment