Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years trip to Utah

Last week I was lucky enough to fly out to Utah to introduce London to her extended family. The week came and went and we were on the plane home before I knew it. We had so much fun though and I have to thank my family for making it possible for us to get out there. I love you guys!

On New Years Eve we ran a 5K. It started at 11:30 PM and the whole point was to try to run it in under 30 minutes and finish by midnight. This was my 4th 5K but it was definitely the hardest. I'm not sure if it was the jet lag, the altitude, the fact that BOTH of my shoes came untied 10 minutes into the race, or the freeeeezing cold weather conditions, but yowza! it was hard.


Luckily I had this guy (my awesomest little brother, Brett) to keep me going and we made it! With time to spare. And we got these nifty little wooden plaques to prove it. There are few people in this world that I look up to as much as I look up to Brett. He sacrificed his own record time and risked not finishing by midnight to stay by my side and pump me up when I started to fatigue. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it because that's just the kind of guy Brett is. He truly has a heart of gold. Plus he's freaking hilarious! I want to be just like him when I grow up.

On that serious note, let me show you some of our running companions...

People showed up in all kinds of costumes and whatnot. This one was my personal favorite...

Dude! It's not worth it. Put some freaking clothes on! (and lose the black socks) Makes me cold just looking at him.


Excellent lip extension, Rex.
After the race, it was like 1 AM but we headed on over to IHOP to enjoy some delicious hot chocolate and mozzarella sticks. We wouldn't want to burn too many calories without replenishing, correct?

3 comments:

The Gibby's said...

That really was such a fun night. I am so glad we did it even though we froze our buns off!

Darice Auston said...

Very impressive. Come do the Iron Girl with me in August. It'll give you an excuse to come visit again. I promise not to wear black socks with my bathing suit (and I'm planning to have a wet suit anyway!)

Nate and Lori said...

I knew you'd make it in time. You are always wonderful at downplaying just how good you actually are at all things athletic.