Monday, February 15, 2010

3 AM



Lord, Help me remember, when I feel it's a chore

the time will come when I'll hold her no more

asleep on my chest (the crib refused

the blanket, the pacifier, gone unused).

What better place is there to lay her head

than against my heart, my arms her bed?

For infants grow up and leave us behind

with only memories left to remind

us of midnight walking and predawn rocking,

of soft, helpless babies unable to sleep.

So, Lord, make me patient and keep me awake

while I cradle this child, and don't let me take

for granted the moments I spend in the night

with this baby -- Your gift, my joy, my delight.

--Jan Dunlap

Last night, or the wee hours of this morning, rather, London decided she didn't want to sleep. I really enjoy these special moments with her while the rest of the world is asleep (as long as she doesn't make a regular habit out of it, that is :}).

*Sharing*


*Snuggles*


*Game over*

5 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Good reminder...we are knee deep in the sleep training garb right now and I get so frustrated when she wakes up. These pics are so cute.

The Long Family said...

Great reminder - that poem is beautiful!!!

Melanie said...

Wow! You have a MUCH better attitude about 3am wakings than I do!

Sheryl said...

How I need this reminder since we have all been home and sick together for over a week. I try to remember we should enjoy together time, even when we're sick...but I often don't think of it that way.

Cute pictures.

rexandkate said...

Becky, you are always looking at the positive side of things. I think I will try to remember that tonight, or this morning whenever she wakes up and wants to eat...again. That poem is really beautiful. Love the pictures.