Spells 6! That's right, Lexer Loo had a birthday this week!
I found this adorable tin on clearance a few weeks ago and thought it would be the perfect birthday gift for Lex. It was also the inspiration for her little Bug Garden Party because #1-she loves containers to collect all her little treasures in, #2-she's a bug lover and #3 she totally looked like a garden gnome when she was a baby.Don't believe me?? See for yourself...
I only wish I had a picture of her with that pointy little hospital cap on... We adored her, of course, and thought she was adorable (in her own sort of unique way Ü) but take a look at that schnoz! And she had this huge ol' crease at the bridge of her nose which only made it look larger! It was my brother, Rex, who pointed out her gnome-ness. Just what every mother wants to hear about her newborn daughter, right?Anyhoo, back to the party...
The decorations
Insect Silly Bands doubled as our table confetti
Going on a bug hunt
We weren't planning on being in Utah for Lexi's birthday but it was sure fun to be able to celebrate with lots of little cousins!
Anna demonstrating our pipe cleaner antennae and Tootsie Pop spiders that we made
We also made these little dirt cups out of chocolate pudding and crushed Oreos
We finished off the party with some fun little snacks and watched Bugs Life

Earlier in the day we went to this fun little water fountain. It was free and the kids had a blast!


London and her adorable little cousin Lucy. These two are going to be best buds, I can tell.

Poor pathetic little cake. I had this grand image in my mind of a beautiful, double layered cake, with big, bright sunflowers and adorable little lady bugs but the top half of my cake crumbled out of the pan (what the?! That like never happens to me), and the sunflower petals weren't even kind of cooperating so, like always, my creation didn't even come close to what I'd envisioned.

Oh well, the one who's opinion really mattered was completely happy and thrilled with it.
4 comments:
Thanks for taking care of my girl on her birthday! Wish I could have been there.
Wow!! I think the cake turned out awesome!! You are so talented and creative! What a cute theme for a birthday party! Happy birthday Lexi!
How fun to be with cousins on her birthday!! I think my kids would LOVE being around family for a birthday bash! Fun times.
Psssah...that cake is super cute. The whole party theme was a perfect one for Lexi and was so cute. Happy Birthday Lexi! We'll have to give you your birthday spankings when you get back.
Post a Comment