Monday, September 6, 2010

This little piggy

Sadly, I think our flip flop wearin' days are winding down

And those shriveled little raisin piggies won't be making any appearances for a while

because as of 8 PM yesterday evening, the pool officially closed for the year :(

But while we're on the topic of piggies....

Check it out!

{We were watching Isaac and Lexi at soccer practice when Lexi took out her elastics and allowed me to hold them. That's when I got the brilliant idea to try them in London's sweaty hair. Not quite enough to pull it off yet...but we're getting there!}

Since the kids are back in school, I've been trying to use my "free time" wisely to get some things done while London takes a nap.

Like organizing pictures. I found several that were taken this summer before we left for Utah.

Like these adorable pictures taken on Father's Day...






And this one of Isaac and Lexi at Bible Camp...
Summer camps are a huge thing here

HUGE.

I couldn't believe all the summer camp hype (or how expensive they were) that went on at the end of the school year. Isaac and Lexi kept bringing home flier after flier from school and were pretty disappointed when I told them we wouldn't be participating.

But when we got a flier for a free sports camp, put on by a local baptist church, we were all over it. There were lots of activities to choose from, like cooking, cheer leading, football, art, etc. Isaac chose to play soccer and Lexi, dance. Camp would begin each day in the sanctuary, singing and dancing to some seriously rockin' Christian music. My kids loved it so much we splurged and bought the CD.
"Hey! Jesus loves me! Na na, na na"

We were gone for so much of the summer, but when we were in town, we loved going to the free outdoor concert on Friday nights, at the Hunt Valley Shopping Center.

My kids sure love to dance!
(hmm...wonder where they get it?)

Ah, but these 2. How very different they are.

You'll notice that Lex is the self confident, fluorescent blur of jumping energy in the front there.

And behind we have Isaac. Arms folded behind his back, reluctantly step touch-ing side to side.

*Give him enough time though and he eventually warms up*

(Then he can be an obnoxious, untame-able spazoid!)

Good bye summer!
(For real this time)

I apologize for posting so much lately and that I'm kind of unorganized. It's just been such a crazy busy summer and I want to stay caught up. Besides, this is my blog and I can do whatever the heck I want, correct?

3 comments:

Lis said...

No apologies!! I LOVE it that you post so much... makes you guys feel so much closer! (Makes me also think I need to get my act together and finish getting our summer pics up too!) You all look great! We miss you! Talk to ya soon. I'm dying to hear about the first days of school!

PS: YAY for London's hair!! :)

adventure knitter said...

London is super cute! She's getting to big! We miss you guys. I miss having someone to sit by in relief society

Jessica D. said...

The only thing good about Summer ending is that Fall is beginning! Except for here in FL where it is still 93 and humid everyday, and I think I will be missing the MD Fall soon.

The sports camp that Isaac and Lexi did is at our old church, NW Baptist! Seems like it was fun for them! London is the cutest and I love her little piggies!