Friday, October 22, 2010

Lexi was here...



and here...



and here...

It always makes me laugh to come around a corner or walk into a room and discover some "project" Lexi's left (hanging) there. That girl is always up to something so I thought I'd document a couple of her most recent.

Exhibit A

When I was little, I had this motto: THERE'S NO KNOT I CAN'T UNDO. I'm serious. You can even ask my little sister. I LOVED untying knots. I used to scramble all my necklaces and chains in my jewelry box in hopes that they would get all tangled -just so I could untangle them. Well, looks like all that was just a bit of training for the kinds of knots I would undo with Lexi as my daughter. The girl loves string, rope, ribbon, scarves, anything that could be used as a leash, tether...or a noose...


Just today we were cleaning up the basement when I found this little bug on the carpet. I asked Lexi to go put it outside but when she went to pick it up she said, "Oh THERE he is! I was looking all over for him." Apparently she's been wearing him around all day in this old necklace and somehow he escaped.


And then there's the library.
Boy were those few days of hurdling down the stairs trying not to break my neck, fun! Maybe you noticed the book titles in the front row? Yeah, after a crazy summer in Utah, we were trying to... iron out some behavioral kinks (to put it politely).


Let me set this scene up for you. It's about 8:30 pm. Ahhh, my favorite time of day. The house is clean, the dishwasher's softly humming from the kitchen and the kids are all in bed, quietly reading til lights out (or so I think).

That's when Isaac comes downstairs and informs me that Lexi is "painting a stink bug" in bed. What? So I follow him upstairs and find that Lexi has snuck this bug in her robe pocket. Then she gave him a little makeover with her bright red lipgloss and put him to bed in her jewelry box. Ai, ai, ai!!

Lexi is the kind of kid that either makes you laugh or cry and I have to say, she's got me doing a fair share of both.

5 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

At least she isn't leaving dead squirrels hanging from her bed...yet. She is so funny...I love her happy little crazy personality. The painted stink bug is hilarious!

Jessica D. said...

Wow, she is so funny! I love the little habits/personality traits kids develop! The stinkbug makeover is great!

Bloom Family said...

OH Lexi, so funny.:) I've got some chains sitting in the back on my jewelry box that could use some untangling ... perhaps I'll bring them over to you. :)

adventure knitter said...

she is such a character!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Oh my GOODNESS she is such a character. I love all the funny stories though. A crazy kid makes life more exciting, right? :)