Hey Andy--Can you believe we have now officially been married for 10 years?!
Remember these days? This is where it all began. And nothing screams romance like a trashy, smoke filled bowling alley, if you ask me. We all had our own official bowling names of course. 'Member Andy? Nookie (Keoni), Bleedin' Wanker (Andy), Nectar (you created mine), St3 Aight (Feilding), and Leesuh (Lisa). Also not pictured but definitely part of our weekly crew: McBane (Tyler), Sexual Chocolate (Kuk), Brown Sugar (Mike) Ah, good times. Good times.

















And here we are, a whopping 19 years old.
Elder Johnson--off to call the world unto repentance and me, looking so extremely uncomfortable it's almost painful to see. {I used to be SO shy, 'member?}

And 'member when I crossed over to the dark side?

And then there was the time we got married. 'Member that?

And you know how we love to hike together? Here we are at the top of Timp to watch the sun rise. 'Member how we had to leave at midnight to get there by 6 AM? But it was so worth it. And we saw a porcupine that scared the beejeebees out of us, 'member? Huh? Do ya? Do ya?

Hiking up to Pittsburg Lake. That one was a doosie!

And 'member how we used to be such a fun aunt and uncle? We'd have all the nieces and nephews sleepover, we'd have water fights, go bowling. And 'member how you always wrestled with them and took them fishing. Now they are all grown and huge and could smash in your face.

'Member how we're pretty big U2 fans? (One of us, a lot more so than the other.) But we've been to lots of concerts together including shows in Phoenix and Salt Lake.

Also Seattle. 'Member this fun trip?

Oregon! 'Member?

And we used to camp all the time. And even though you prefer roughing it in the isolation of the deep woods, you'd camp at sites near bathrooms (and civilization), just for little ol' me? And 'member how sometimes I'd pee behind a deep wood tree for you? You'd better remember!

We had a lot of fun playing on that co-ed softball team together (even though I was pregnant that 2nd year). And 'member how you used to always let me try all my new beauty techniques on your hair? I think you did have more fun as a blonde.
ANYWAY, 'member when we saved every penny we had (including my measly tips from beauty school) to afford this trip to Europe. And how we tried to keep the cost down by sleeping on trains, not showering, not buying souvenirs, and not eating? That was awesome. We were able to stay for 2 weeks and saw London, Paris (twice!), Rome, Venice, and Switzerland. And the best thing was that entire trip only cost us about $3,000 (including airfare!). 'Member that?

And 'member when we had our first kid? That was fun!

And then you graduated from BYU. 'Member that?

And we moved around a ton. 'Member how this is our 10th home in the 10 years we've been married?!

You know how you always play with my hair? I like that.

Thank you for all the great memories, Andy. I think you are handsome and smart and funny, and an excellent father and a doting husband. I love to hang out with you and I kindof dig your treats. I love you Drew, and DON'T YOU FORGET IT!










4 comments:
Uhmmm...I sure hope that you kept those overalls from when you were 19 because I've heard that they are coming back in style.
You guys are adorable...seriously. Happy 10 years! Can you believe how far you've come...its amazing.
overall shorts? really? i didn't know you guys knew each other before the mish...
Ladies! Overalls shorts were awesome! Too bad you all weren't cool (or old) enough to wear them. Ü
I had overall shorts...yes I did! I missed this post earlier, but happy ten years to you two. This post is so cute.
Post a Comment