Monday, April 18, 2011

Goin' on a birdie hunt









So London had to get some testing done last week and it was no fun at all. One of the procedures (a VCUG) required sedation so she had to go the entire day without food. :( In an attempt to keep her distracted from her grumbling tummy, we went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. We followed those little birdies all around the neighborhood!

So, up until this morning, we actually had no idea how successful London's surgery was. It's possible to still have a bit of reflux even after surgery, so these tests were to see how well her ureters, kidneys and bladder are functioning

But here's the good news:
London was given a clean bill of health by her urologist today!!

Do you know what that means?! It means no more antibiotics--that's what it means! And no more reflux!! No more physically restraining my baby to a table while she looks up at me with those beautiful, brown eyes {tears streaming and pooling into her ears} pleading with me to stop those mean doctors from hurting her. No more unexplained fevers or trips to the ER in the middle of the night! Hallelujah!! We are so happy! Can you tell?! (judging by the number of exclamation marks!!!!!!!)


Check out the beautiful blossoms growing on our trees right now! They make me happy!

And so does my baby's excited laughter during airplane rides.

Until she spits on my face. On purpose.

4 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

Oh my BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!! I think ya'll deserved this amazing outcome from such a terrible surgery! I am so happy for you!!!!

Nate and Lori said...

What a relief! What will you do with all of that spare time?

Cute little bird hunt too!

Bloom Family said...

Oh, I am so happy to read this news!!!!!! Really, I don't know what else to say, but I am so glad and such a relief to have it resolved before you guys leave MD. yeah!

Clark and Liesel said...

That is such wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys. So happy that she is feeling better and that everything looks good. She sure is one little cutie!!