So here's the story: My doctor called me a couple weeks ago and told me that due to my history of speedy deliveries (Mr. McFeely?) he was going to schedule an induction for June 19th (that's TODAY in case you weren't aware). My labor with Isaac was 4 hours total and Lexi was 3. Anyhoo, I went in for my LAST appointment yesterday and that's when my Dr. informed me that the hospital was giving him a hard time about inducing me 10 days before my due date instead of the typical 7. The only way he could get approval is if I was dilated (TMI? SO sorry for the girlie talk -I promise I won't get anymore detailed than that) to a 4....which I was not. I was a 3. Are you kidding me?! So since my Dr. only schedules inductions on Fridays, I have to wait until the 26th. Again, are you kidding me?! I'm kindof hoping I'll go into labor on my own before then AND I'm kindof not. I'd rather not have a baby in the car due to traffic on the 695, thank you very much.
So here I am, all set and ready for baby, yet still empty handed. And to think I worked so hard the past 2 weeks making sure I got everything on my check list taken care of...
*Pack hospital bag -check
*Charge camera batteries -check
*Wash and put away baby clothes -check
*Sterilize all baby equipment -check --although shortly after, my kids decided to both get sick (possibly swine flu?) and I had to do it all again. Joy!
*Make a few cute burp cloths
-check
*Sew baby a super soft, snuggly "tricco"
-check
*Crochet shell edging around flannel blanket (I made one for Isaac and Lex so I thought I should make one for baby #3 too)
-check
Can you guess what this is for?
Or this?
Here's a hint:
I've been wanting to organize our hair accessories for ages but could never think a cute, efficient way of doing it...until now -check
*Clean house top to bottom and reorganize all closets and cupboards -check and check
*Vacuum the car and shampoo floor mats -check
*Install infant car seat (or assign to Andy) -check
*Scrub out and fully stock refrigerator -check
*Prepare all remaining June birthday cards to be mailed -check
*Wash all sheets and mattress covers in the entire house -check
*Color hair -check
*Cut boys hair -check
*Paint toe nails -t'was quite the challenge but -check
Now all I need is a baby!! I'll let you know when I check that off my list :)



10 comments:
I'm soooo sorry for you! Your doc is a SAC! Someone should kick him...and then make him feel what it's like to be a 9-month prego woman. What the sac.
Your list makes me tired just reading it! Good for you! (Feels great to have it all done, eh!) Now go take a NAP! :)
Wow, you are prepared! Now all you can do is relax and take it easy! You deserve to have a little bit of time for yourself. By the way, you made some REALLY cute stuff! Can't wait to hear how things go when the baby comes! Good luck!
What the what?!?! That sucks! I am so sorry!!
You are amazing (already knew that) You are one incredible nester! Andy, you are one lucky boy! Hang in there sweet Kocopants!!! You can do it!!
I'm so sorry!!! I was so bummed for you when Nate told me the news...sad that I had to hear it from him and not you, but hopefully that will change here in a few months.
On a brighter note, the baby has so many cute things! I love the hair clip holder and the burp cloths and everything!
Bummer about the letdown. It's not like you have extra emotions running or anything. I think you've accomplished more in this post than I have in the past year. Way to go. I have had a friend that delivered her second in a barnes and noble parking lot and she said it wasn't that bad....that was supposed to be encouraging. Sorry. Just keep a cell phone handy at all times and maybe you could have an ambulance come to you?
well ... sounds like some good nesting has been going on. :) So, she's gotta be here any day. You have some super cute stuff for your little one! Makes me want to have a little girl ... someday ... but not to soon :)
Becky, Becky, Becky, you have my condolences. That is really awful. The only reason his conscience allows him to do that to a pregnant woman is because he has never been pregnant. How miserable.
Isn't it funny how the hormones kick you into super-accomplish mode at the same time as you are super exhausted? I went psycho sewing Christmas stockings at the end of my last pregnancy. At least you are doing something baby related.
I HATE it when doctors tell you you'll go early and you don't or they'll induce and they don't. Thant stinks! I love all the things you have done. Very cute hair accesory holders. I guess this Friday is it then! Good-luck.
We can't wait Beck!! Love the hair accessory organizer.
So did you notice one the hooter hider fabric samples I sent is the same as one your burp cloths?!!! Ha ha! Too funny. You said just pick out something I liked and becuase we have similar tastes you would like it......well I guess our taste is more similar that either of us thought. It's the same! Love all those baby things you made. So cute beck! Can't wait for that baby girl!
Post a Comment