Sunday, June 7, 2009

StrawbRerries!


One of our favorite things about going to Baughers is the tractor ride to the strawberry fields.



We went last week when there was finally a little break from all the rain that's been consistently dumping on us for weeks and weeks. (Baltimore's 4th wettest May on record!) The weather was just perfect.




The season had just opened so we had to search a little harder to find the ripe ones but we ended up with plenty to make some delicious freezer jam! -a first time for me so I was pretty stoked that it turned out.



Isaac wanted to take a picture with Lori. :) She and Nate are expecting their first baby in September and we are so excited for them!



In my current condition, I find my lengthy Kocherhans toes (Kyle calls them gecko toes) quite convenient to pick things up around the house. I opted not to use this method with the berries, however. I'm sure there's some food handlers law against it or something.



Mostly I left the pickin' to the young and spry folk and us preggos enjoyed the exquisite peach ice cream. Holy Moly, it was gooooood!!!

3 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

I'm going to have to sample your jam sometime and see how you made it. We used ours to make crepes...which turned out really fun. Too bad you're having your baby so soon so we can't go again, although I'm pretty sure that you don't feel the same way. If for some reason you want more pics, I have 1 of the 2 of us on my camera that I will send your way.

Haskins said...

Looks like fun!! I love that you are picking things when your pregnant!!! I would of made someone do that for me! He He

Bloom Family said...

I love the picture of you leaning over to pick the berries. Oh, do I know how that feels.

When I was working towards the end of my pregnancy, I would reach down to pick up the weights for my clients and every time I just felt like a sumo wrestler. Legs apart, belly in between, squat slowly. :)