Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun with Aunt Kenzie

Since my family's visit a few weeks ago, my 13 year old little sister, Kenz, has been staying with us and she'll be here until the first week of July. It sure has been fun having her around -not to mention convenient! She's been a big help and will be even more so, once baby's born (especially since I won't have my mom here to help me). My kids just think she is the coolest thing around...which she pretty much is.


While driving out to Gettysburg, we randomly saw Mater parked along the side of the road. The kids got all excited so we stopped to get a closer look. Yes, we were all still in our pajamas...it's a long story.



Isaac- Mom, can Kenzie come to my school today and eat lunch with me and my friends?

Me- Oh sure! That would be fun. She and I will meet you there at lunch time.

Isaac- Um, not you Mom. Just Kenzie.

That afternoon, I sat by myself in the hallway and waited while Kenzie had the pleasure of eating a PB&J with a bunch of obnoxious kindergartners in a loud, crowded cafeteria :)






A few highlights here and a little cut there and Voila! you have a whole new Kenzie. Lex really wanted to get in on all the makeover action so we did her up a bit too. :)




The other night Andy and I were able to put the kids to bed and leave Kenz in charge so we could go on a little walk. It was sure nice. I just have to say though, that I think it's hilarious that I'm a 9 month pregnant heffer, yet Andy is the one who is tortured by the heat and sweats profusely on humid days.



We found this little guy while we were out on our walk. Andy caught him and carried him home (as it peed in his hands) to show the kids. It would've been fun to keep him but we decided to let him go home to his family instead.

7 comments:

adventure knitter said...

your sister is only 13 years old??! wow! I thought she was WAY older than that.. look out boys! cute haircut too!

Bloom Family said...

How fun to see Mater! :) Kenzie's haircut looks great!

That's funny that Isaac only wanted Kenzie to come for lunch. I was actually holding Caleb yesterday and thinking of when it was no longer going to be 'cool' to have me around. Guess kindergarten huh? :)

Clark and Liesel said...

How fun to have your sis around! I bet she is loving it too! I used to catch frogs with my brothers in the summer time growing up. It took us a while to figure out you had to put them in a container WITH a lid or else they would get out. :)

Lis said...

Anderson freaked when he saw this pic of Mater! Love Kenzie's haircut! Good work, Becky! And heffer?!?! I don't think so, nice try! :)

Haskins said...

Wow so many things have being going on. I cant believe how many things I have missed! I love that picture of you and your family. It is so crazy how everyone has grown up! I still remember them as I did when we where in High school! It is so fun to see the pictures!! You look so beautiful for being pregnant! I always looks so horrible! If i looked like you I think I wouldn't mind being pregnant!

Sheryl said...

That is too funny! I have a niece MaKenzie in town and they also stopped in Getysburg for a Mater picture. Blake also will have nothing to do with me. "cCKenzie withh brush my teeth, change my diaper, put me in my car seat..." I don't really mind ;)

Yeah--I agree with Lis--no heffer.

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

That's so great your sister can come to stay and help you out. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. When is your due date? You look great! Best wishes with your last couple weeks. Can't wait to see your new little one.