Monday, June 29, 2009

Party of Five

Well, she's here! Our newest addition, London Avery, was born on Friday morning (coincidentally during Wimbledon -"London" was destined to be, I guess) at 11:12 AM weighing in at a hefty 8 lbs. 12 oz. and measuring 21 inches long, surprising both the doctor and the nurses. She has a smidgeon of dark hair (though nothin' to brag about), and her mommies long fingers and toes. Apparently our girls like dimples because she also has a slight one in her chin. We just think she is the sweetest little thing and have had so much fun loving her and smothering her with kisses.


The delivery went really well. I won't bore you all with the details but here's a quick recap:
5:30 am -check in and wait around nervously for 2 hours while the nurses deliver 2 sets of twins
7:30 am -get settled in labor room and ask for epideral ASAP
8:00 am -start pitocin, break water, and wonder when I'll get that epideral
8:00-9:00 am -grit my teeth and breath through painful contractions while asking repeatedly for that darn epideral
9:00 -Hallelujah!! The epideral!!
9:10-11:00 -ahhh...sleep, visit and hang out with Andy, sleep
11:00 -half a push to see if baby is ready. Doctor yells "Stop!"
11:00-11:10 -Doctor puts on gloves, surgical cover, etc.
11:12 -one push and heeeere's baby!




Apparently the umbilical cord was exceptionally long and was wrapped around London's neck twice. I didn't really care to see the cord but the nurse was so amazed by it, she grabbed it by the clamp and was whipping it around showing everybody.




Her face was pretty swollen and bruised which the doctor said was because she was born so quickly. Seems kind of backwards to me but what do I know. She looks much less squishy today.











First family photo



My mom flew in Friday afternoon which was perfect timing. Andy had plenty of time to spend with London and make sure we were all settled in the recovery room before going to pick up my mom at the airport and Kenzie and the kids from home to come visit us.



Isaac and Lexi adore their new little sister. They giggle and laugh at her every hiccup, sneeze or other bodily functions. :) London was very thoughtful and requested we get a bottle shaped treat for them from her.



Smooches and more smooches



Thanks to my mom, Andy was able to spend the second night in the hospital with us. I loved having him there and he got some great snuggling in with the babe.



"Get this darn thing off of me!"



We got home yesterday afternoon and are happy as can be. Life is good!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! And what a fast labor!

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Oh hooray! I"ve been checking your blog and facebook ever since Friday and I'm so happy to finally see she is here! She is so darling and her name is one of my favorites! I guess it would be weird to have a London and Britain though so I'm glad you used it:)
You look perfect as usual and I'm so happy your mom could make it out there with you!
I'm excited for mine now!!!

Bloom Family said...

Oh London is beautiful! I am so excited to come meet her! What a wonderful, fast labor! I hope my next one goes more like yours ... well maybe not quite so fast if I'm not induced. :)

loves to all your family!

Parks Family said...

Congrats! Glad to hear you are home and everyone is doing great. She is so beautiful!

Hauni said...

Yea, I'm so happy for you! She is darling and you look great (of course)!

Lisa said...

Congrats! I'm glad everything went well and she's here safe and sound.

Nate and Lori said...

Ok, you look like a supermodel just after giving birth...no fair! Seriously though, you guys look so cute. London is lucky to have such a cute family and she's a beautiful little baby. Hopefully she gave our little baby the heads-up on how to come so quickly and easily. I kind of doubt that though.

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Awesome, I'm so glad she's here and everything went well! You are such a pro. Everyone looks beautiful. Congrats!! I'm excited to meet London.

adrienne and ryan said...

Well that sounds like the world's easiest delivery. I'm sure she was worth the extra week of waiting. Congratulations!

Darice Auston said...

I love her! Get up here and visit so I can get in on some of the cheek action!!

adventure knitter said...

she's so cute! i'm glad she's finally here!

The Gibby's said...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! She is adorable Beck!!! Absolutely darling! She DOES look like Lex (mom mentioned that over the phone). Now listen- you aren't supposed to look as beautiful as you do just after delivery! You put the rest of us to shame. :o)
So happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet you baby London. You are beautiful!!

The Long Family said...

Yay! So glad she is here safe, sound and FAST!! WAHOO! She is beautiful and I love her name!

The Farrell Family said...

Yay! She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Summer said...

Happiness for you!!! She's beautiful and I adore her name. I'm glad you finally got your epideral and man! One push?!? You are superwoman! And my hero. You guys look fabulous and congrats!!

Jessica D. said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful, and Becky looks fabulous as always! I love her name too. Funny coincidence, Liam was exactly the same weight and length as London! Hope you all are doing well getting settled in at home!

Unknown said...

Isn't it such a relief not to be pregnant anymore? You look great and your family pic is just adorable. I can't believe how much your baby weighed! And such a fast labor. Let me know how 3 is for you. So far it's been pretty chaotic for me, but we're still adjusting.Congrats!

Parkinson Family said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Your family of 5 is perfect! Love her name! You look great!

Sheryl said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little baby!

rexandkate said...

Becky, she is completely gorgeous! And I agree that she looks like Lexi. What a sweetie! And you look absolutely amazing on delivery day. Wish I could pull that off. Congratulations! Makes me want to fly out there and give her smooches myself.
Kate