This little girlie girl looks so much like her big brother (hence the term, She-Isaac)
...and he couldn't be more proud about that. These two simply adore each other. She just beams whenever he's around and he plays with and coddles her whenever he gets the chance.
Here's a few more pix from the hospital. I just think she looks so darn cute in her little astronaut Koala bear hospital gown. London was all smiles and such a trooper through this entire hospital experience (minus the needles, the catheter, and the thermometer up her hoo-ha every four hours).
When we took London to the ER Tuesday night, I felt kindof silly. She just had a fever, after all. I wasn't expecting her to be admitted so we weren't prepared at all. I had to spend the night in a constricting denim skirt that kept twisting and made it difficult to get in and out of the hospital bed. Boo hoo, I know. Anyway, as Andy may have mentioned once or twice (or ten) I made a complete FOOL of myself, bawling along with London, as they pricked and prodded her hands and arms trying to find a vein. I swear I've never wanted to punch anyone as badly as I wanted to punch that nurse in the face. Geez! It friggin' took her forever! I cannot tell you how relieved I was when she finally finished and I was able to pick up my baby and comfort her. She was a sweety though and forgave us very quickly. That first night was pretty rough and kindof a blur but Wednesday Andy got the kids off for school (oh, how I would've LOVED to have seen him fix Lexi's hair! He says she looked like garbage) and then came down to take over hospital duty so I could go home and shower and grab a few things. Among them were some comfort items like London's super soft, pink blanket that I made her, the boppy, and maybe a bit of chocolate for myself. :)
The next two days were spent snuggling with London and just enjoying those quiet hours we had together. I don't think I put her down once. As I studied her beautiful face while she slept, I just kept thinking about how blessed I was. Blessed that, although we were in the hospital, we had our own room and insurance to pay for it (thank goodness!), a baby who's young enough to not need entertainment but is happy just chillin' in my arms (and not crawling all around a dirty hospital floor), blessed that she wasn't covered in tubes and wires to worry about, and blessed with such great friends who jumped right in to help us out. Thanks so much to Kevin for babysitting our 2 older stinkers who were supposed to be in bed sleeping (and to Tiffany for lending him to us). Thanks to my dear friend, Lis, for picking up those same said stinkers from school and keeping them and feeding them until Andy could get home from school. Thanks to the Taylors for a delicious dinner, sitting on our door step, warm and steaming as we were released from the hospital and thanks to everyone else who has offered help and prayers in our behalf.
It's was so nice to come home and wash the hospital smell off London and sleep in our own beds. We still have some testing to do, but at least in the meantime, my baby is home.
Boom Boom Firepower!
The kids love when London busts out this pose (which she does a lot).



6 comments:
She's beautiful Becky! I get tired of holding back my, "AH! Your child looks like an alien!" face and instead saying they're cute. London is legitimately gorgeous!
Your post made me weep. I can't imagine how hard this whole experience was for you guys. I wish I could have been there to help you! We love your family so much, and we will keep praying for sweet London!
Glad everyone is home and happy. Anytime we can help just give us a call.
I can relate all too well about needles and poking around to find a vein. It was SUCH torture watching Zack go through his two hospital stays when he had meningitis. He was so little and it was so scary and so hard to watch him endure all of that.. . I am sorry you had to endure some of that too. I am SO glad she is home!!!
Wow, what an experience. I'm glad you guys are back and better. London is beautiful. So are all your kids. So are you. Glad everyone is healthy and together.
It is so scary to have to take your baby to the hospital. Poor London and poor you guys too. Glad she is home now!
Post a Comment