Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School pix

You HAD to know these were coming, right?

Sunday evening in the Johnson household, we were busy getting ready for school by doing a few things like:

-Reading books such as The Berenstein Bears Go To School and How Do Dinosaurs Go To School (London was very enthralled).

-Packing lunches (complete with PB&J, grapes, Hi-C juice box, mini honey bun AND Danimals crush cup)

-Giving priesthood blessings

-And of course, making that ever so difficult decision as to which new outfit was "first day of school" worthy


Pop Tarts. The breakfast of champions.


We ended up choosing this SUPER classy Sponge Bob t-shirt. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty dang proud of myself for stepping down and letting Isaac decide what to wear even though I didn't really approve. I've never been a huge fan of character type clothing, yet here comes my son, strutting down the halls and feeling like a stud in his new graphic tee and superhero (LIGHT UP!) shoes. Never thought I'd see the day...but then again there's a lot of things I've let slide that were on my (pre-children) parenting list of will's and won'ts.


It was fun to see a bunch of old friends that we hadn't seen all summer. While we were waiting to take Isaac to his classroom, this little girl came sprinting up to Lex and threw her arms around her so hard they both almost fell down. Lex was pretty surprised and simply said, "Um, what's your name again?"



Lexi LOVES her new teacher and is excited that they have the same hair



Lexi's little buddy, Nicholas, from across the street is in her class. I tell you these two are nothin' but trouble. They have been known to collect all the newspapers on our street before the neighbors come home from work, dig big holes in the grass next to the power box, and go potty outside behind a skimpy little shrub. Don't worry, Lexi told me she wiped with a leaf! .......I promise I watch my kid.



We pass Micky D's on our walk home from school so we stopped by and grabbed an ice cream cone while Isaac told me all about his wonderful first day.

London: Why the heck are you taking our picture at McDonalds? And where's MY ice cream?

All in good time, my dear, all in good time.

7 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

I loved this post. The girl coming up and hugging Lexi is hilarious! I can't believe summer is gone already.

The Gibby's said...

Cute posts Beck. Can you believe both your kids are in school now? I am sure it's fun to have a little alone time with London. Cute kids!

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Beck how fun! Your little London is getting chubby, I love it! Kids are too much fun!

adventure knitter said...

Speaking of AWOL, when are you coming back to the gym??? I'll be back at the library next week...I promise....i think... And I'm glad you've succumbed to "SAC!" (everyone does in the end...)

Sheryl said...

Fun post--yeah--sponge bob, gotta love it. Way to let him choose.

Jessica D. said...

Wow, two kids in school, that must feel crazy! Connor starts preschool tomorrow and I am freaking about that. I love Lexi's haircut, it is so chic!

Jessica D. said...

Wow, two kids in school, that must feel crazy! Connor starts preschool tomorrow and I am freaking about that. I love Lexi's haircut, it is so chic!