Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas at the Johnson abode

I'm not gonna lie, last year pretty much sucked for us Johnsons. I was pregnant and throwing up all Christmas Eve so Andy and the kids ate some Pasta Roni, watched an old, animated Rudolph movie and we all went to bed. No treats, no nativity, no cookies for Santa...pretty exciting, right?

Thank goodness this year was so much better! We spent Christmas Eve at the Tait's house eating snacks, playing games, singing carols, you know.


Before new Christmas jammers


...and after. Don't they just look so cute and cuddly? Makes me want to gather them up and give them a big squeeze!


Christmas morning was full of energy and excitement (and yes, I did get a Snuggie for Christmas, WITH matching slipper socks, I might add!). I just love London's happy face in this picture even if she looks particularly bald.


Though I'm thinking I like her better without hair.


"A spoon? This is my first Christmas and you seriously give me a spoon?"


A gift perfect for pestering little sisters


Lexi got some new tap shoes and lessons to go with. Andy and Isaac had so much fun helping her break them in, I'm thinking they should have got some as well.


She also got a game that allows you to watch yourself on TV while you sing into a mic. "All the single ladies....now put your hands up..." She doesn't hold back -I was thoroughly entertained.


I'm telling you, that Snuggie is really snuggly! And you better believe I've been wearing mine ever since I got it. I did have to remove it to go to church, however.

4 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Im glad that this year ended up being so much better for you guys. Im jealous of your snuggie....i want one but didn't want to feel like nate's grandma. Who knows though, now that you're out of the closet with it maybe it wont seem so bad.

The Farrell Family said...

Cute pics. Your kids are so cute. Also, I love that you got a snuggie.

Jessica D. said...

Your kids are the cutest ever! I love London's bald head! I love Snuggies too! Bill got a Virginia Tech one for his birthday and I made fun of him...but then I tried it out and now he cant get it away from me!!! Best invention ever!

Sheryl said...

Hahaha--love the snuggie. Ian and I always crack up when we see snuggie adds. Funny that Bill has one per Jessica. You wear the snuggie well, though.

How nice to have a Christmas better than last year when you were feeling terrible. That cute little London sure was worth it though--just look how darling she is!