Monday, December 7, 2009

Off to see the National Christmas Tree


Walking down the chilly streets of DC on our way to see the National Christmas Tree.


It's located between the Washington Monument and the White House which was really neat. It's circled by lots of adorable mini trains (which is fun to drop a coin into as they pass), and trees representing each state in the US. We had fun finding all the states we've visited as well as our home states, Utah and Maryland.



I'm not sure if it was the cold air, the crowds, or the lights but London was really mellow and just quietly observed with those wide eyes all night.


All you Marylanders, you ought to go check this out! We weren't expecting to see Santa's Workshop there but it was awesome! We saw Santa's desk and all his letters from children, the naughty and nice list and Santa's designing eisel.




We also saw the elves work station where they had left some tools and some unfinished toys on the table.


And the best part was that we got to meet the REAL Santa! Isaac's been suspicious and asking a lot of questions lately (like "how do elves make toothpaste?") but this experience revived his innocent belief which I'm thankful for because I'm not quite ready for him to grow up yet.

(I should also mention that they took a professional picture of the kids with Santa and gave us a FREE 5X7!! I just posted this one that I took because I didn't feel like scanning in the other one). I'm telling you, if you live in Maryland, I highly recommend you go check it out! We had so much fun!

8 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

I love that Santa! He;s perfect! Wish you guys would've invited us. I guess we'll just have to go all by ourselves now. J/K...sort of :)

adventure knitter said...

wow awesome! we should go check that out!

Aaron and Melissa said...

SUCH cute pictures. I sure miss you guys. You have such an adorable family.

Sheryl said...

That is awesome (free picture--who does that anymore?). You all look great in your hats and warm clothes. We will have to put that on our list of things to do!

The Gibby's said...

Looks like fun Beck! Wish we could come do some of that Christmas stuff out there! That tree is beautiful!

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

Was the Santa's workshop down in D.C. by the tree? That looks so neat! Your family is adorable!

Bloom Family said...

what a fun time! I didn't even know about that place. We'll have to make a trip!

Clark and Liesel said...

Thanks so much for this post!! I read it earlier today and told Clark about. We decided to be spur of the moment and made the trip down tonight. It was so much fun! The crowds were very reasonable since it was a week day and we even got to see the Santa too! Maybree didn't even cry! Thanks for the fun idea!