Sunday, June 13, 2010

MR. MATHLETE

My little dude won 2nd place in the math bee on Friday!

{Guess that's what happens when a kid asks for math problems instead of bedtime stories before going to sleep every night}

Heh heh, Isaac was trying SO HARD not to smile. Luckily he's much better at addition and subtraction than holding a poker face.

5 students were chosen from each class to participate (25 total) while the rest of the 1st graders & parents crammed into a hot, stuffy classroom to watch. The cheering/high pitched screeching got uncomfortably loud but the contestants really enjoyed the support from their friends.

As proud as I was of Isaac, I just have to say how heart wrenching it was to watch kid after kid walk back to their seat, head down, holding back tears (or not) when they got out. I just wanted to call the whole thing off and tell them all that they are wonderful and talented. Why does everything have to be a competition anyway?! I was super happy for that cute little guy who won 1st though. He was so tiny and bubbly and his tiny parents were so proud and excited for him. It was fun to see.


Isaac was thrilled with 2nd and so was his cheering section

4 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Way to go Isaac! Or should we just start calling him Brain :)

Sheryl said...

Good for Isaac!

Dr. J said...

NERD!

The Gibby's said...

Yay Isaac!