Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kindergarten Graduation

No inconspicuous troubles here!!

{I had a couple parents tell me afterwards that she should be in drama Ü}

My girl can bust a move

I could tell Lexi's teacher had been discussing the ceremony with the class for weeks because Lexi kept coming home with details about the party they were going to have after the performance and how important it was to smile while she was singing, etc. She also told me repeatedly that she needed to find a fancy party dress and fancy shoes to wear. We settled on her fanciest red Sunday dress and her shiny sequin shoes ("thiney shoeth" as she calls them) and with a few curls in her hair, she was feeling pretty fancy.

Lexi has had an amazing experience this school year and has thoroughly enjoyed every minute of kindergarten. I credit all of that to her fantastic teacher who has been so wonderful. Because of dear Mrs. Ketchum, Lexi wants to be a teacher when she grows up. She has also developed a Maryland accent, as well as picked up on some old school words such as "paste", "cap", and "tote".


Our quick lunch at McDonalds after the ceremony before we jetted back to the school to watch Isaac's math bee. Good times!

2 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

So does Lexi go by Alexis at school? I don't know why that seems so weird to me but for some reason it does. I guess I've just never really heard you call her Alexis.

The Gibby's said...

Beautiful girls. Can't wait to see video from this performance in a couple weeks. We're-a-comin'!