Friday, May 6, 2011

Mud chasers!!

A few weeks ago, we Johnson's participated in an exciting little event called, you guessed it, Mud Chasers. Besides the fact that it was freaking freezing (and windy!) it was a whole lot of fun!

It started with a 5K + obstacle course (complete with mud pits, rope walls, tire runs, etc.) which I ran, while Andy and the kids huddled together and tried to stay warm.





It was so slippery that it was hard to climb out of those pits. We were all laughing our heads off as we scrambled to claw our way out.





Yeah, I wasn't planning on wearing a white hoodie for the race but it was so cold I couldn't bear to take it off. Guess it's Goodwill's hoodie now.


Following the 5K, there was a "Mini Mudders" race for the kids. Luckily, it warmed up a little as the day went on, so the temperature was a bit more pleasant.

They asked that all children, 8 and younger, be accompanied by an adult so Andy and I did some tag teaming.


So much fun! And even more fun to watch!


That poor little girl next to Andy slipped and went all the way under. She grabbed onto his arm and as he helped pull her up, she gasped, "Help! Help! I can't swim!" (as she's standing in knee deep water). Ü It was pretty cute.


Run, Forest, run!


This little girl was totally in her element, let me tell you.


"Mini Mudders"


Our Motley Crew

3 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Cool! My friend just did something like this in AZ and I have never heard about it before that. It looks like it was a ton of fun. And I had a good laugh about the little girl who couldnt swim.

adrienne and ryan said...

I love it! How fun. Ok, on your previous post of the kids in nursery I didn't even recognize London! I thought, who is that little girl with Becky's kids? She is so grown up and she totally looks like Isaac to me.

Bloom Family said...

That looks like so much fun!!! I would love to do something like that!
Oh, and I'm just imagining the fearful face of the little girl who can't swim. pretty cute.