So this year, instead of sending a newsletter with our Christmas cards, I decided to save a tree or two and do it blog style. So here we go...
I'll start with Andy. Andy is a such wonderful husband and father. He is so patient with the kids and loves to take them on little outings. I think the thing we miss most about Utah, other than family, is the mountains. As a family, we love to hike, camp, fish, play in the water, go on drives, etc.
Andy is keeping really busy with dental school. He has lots of science classes and frequently stays up late studying. He somehow manages squeeze in some fun time doing Christmas puzzles with the kids, a Johnson family tradition.
Wrestling is a common past time around our house -much to the annoyance of our neighbors below, I'm sure. Andy is definitely the "fun parent". Isaac and Lexi swarm him when he walks in the front door at the end of the day. And just for your information, scrubs provide no warmth or protection from the cold!!
It was about this time 2 years ago that Andy decided to give up his fellowship at Utah State. He was working on a PhD in aquatic ecology when he decided not to pursue a career as a professor, so he crammed a ton of prerequisite classes last summer and took the DAT (dental admissions test) with very little preparation, and we were stoked to get into school this year instead of waiting until 2008.
Andy's a big gamer. He loves to stay up to the wee hours of the morning (3-4 AM) playing games. Luckily he has had his family to play with him because I turn in at 9! Who's going to play with him this year? Any takers?



3 comments:
Jared Parkinson and Darryl Auston are both big board gamers. Give them a ring. I enjoy a game or two myself, I just have to learn them first.
That is awesome that he is a gamer. I am still trying to get my husband to be a gamer. That might be awahile!
We'd play if we were going to be here. Of course we both know that I'd probably be sleeping on the floor as well. I love love love the pics of Andy with the kids. SO cute!
Post a Comment