
This is my little bud Lex. We go everywhere together. She's very social and makes friends everywhere we go. Although she often puts me in awkward situations like today at the grocery store when our cashier was a black woman wearing a big, colorful, ethnic head wrap thing and Lex giggles, "Woah! Look at that big hood she has! It's crazy!" I try to cover up "Yeah, it's very beautiful, huh Lex," "No, it's crazy!" And another time at the craft store -we walk by this guy with waist long hair and she says, "Why do you have a pony tail? Those are for girls!" I quickly pushed the cart to the next aisle with my head down. And at the bank -A black woman with long, brightly painted acrylic nails. "Mommy! Look at her claws!" Sigh.
Lexi also just transitioned from nursery (with toys and snacks) to Sunbeams (which has neither). During sharing time she sits on the front row. I teach the 11 year olds (yikes!) so I sit on the back row. She's always turning around with a wink and giving me the thumbs up.



7 comments:
That is way too cute! How funny! It's one of those situations where you want to teach your child right from wrong, but you are fighting back laughter when it comes right down to it!
The dimple in her chin is SO dang cute!!!!
You're all just cute!!!!
Lexi is the best! I'm pretty sure that I have witnessed her saying some compeletely embarrasing things to complete strangers. On Sunday she was acting like she had a big secret for me in primary and she came over to where I was sitting and siad "i wuv you lori" She's my favorite!
That is so funny!! Maddi does that to me sometimes too. Once we were at the store and a dwarf walked by and she said pretty louding "mommy what's that" as she was pointing to him. It was pretty embrassing. That is so cute that Lexi wink at you during primary. I also teach the 11year olds. This has been my favorite calling. Cute stories!
So fun. Lex is the best. Good for you for keeping a straight face, it would be tough!!
You should totally submit this blog to Parents magazine. It's hilarious. And I had the 11 year olds for a while. Do you still meet in the room with the door to the attic? The boys would sweetly interrupt a deep spiritual discussion and ask if I heard the 3 headed dog at the top of the stairs from Harry Potter. Gotta love em.
I love that kids can say what we're all really thinking...
At least she's still sitting with her class! What a big girl.
Don't kids say the darndest? My mom likes to tell me about when we saw an Indian lady with a painted red dot on her forehead at the store and I asked what planet she was from. Bailee got me back when we first got to MD and were at Wal-mart. There was a black lady in line behind us and Bailee picked out a black bra from the shelf and said, "this one's for her."
Post a Comment