Saturday, February 9, 2008

Happy anniversary to us!













Count 'em- 7 years baby! Wow, I can't believe how time has flown by. I still feel like a spring chick. So I dug deep down in my soul and came up with this little ditty for Drew. Be prepared to be blown away!!! It goes something like this: "Uh hum"...

My man is great! He's one of a kind.
I dare you to look, no better you'll find.

The ladies all swoon, for him they do whine.
Sorry ladies. Back off!! Because he's all mine.

My man is tall and he's handsome as well.
He's got a nice tush, but shhh, please don't tell.

Secure in his arms, I find my "nook",
He makes me feel safe, with just one look.

His eyes make me melt, whenever he smiles.
I'd give all for him, even move 2000 miles! (but not willingly!)

Freckled elbows on which, I play dot to dot.
He even lets me, more often than not.

"This'n" and "That'n" rest o'er his top lip,
move over Cindy, cause 2 is more hip!

My man's an active and playful Dad.
Lucky children I have -fun always had.

Tied 7 years, has it really been?
We've gone through so much, through thick and thin.

I've loved the whole journey, don't slightly regret,
'cept maybe, a little, the dental school debt. :)

So here's to you, the one I adore,
We'll stick together, 100 years more!

I love you Drew. Happy anniversary! MWAH!

7 comments:

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Awww, so cute!! It is so fun that you sat down and wrote that ... very sweet and it will be fun to look back on in years to come. 7 does seem like a long time but I'm sure I'll be there before I know it. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

So cute! You are like me! I love writing poems...I do it for like every holiday, anniversary, birthday, etc. I'm sure Ty is getting sick of it, but it makes me feel so good about myself!
Feb. 9th is a good day, we got engaged that day!
Congrats!

The Long Family said...

Very cute!! 7 years is pretty great - if the next four go as fast as our first three, we'll be there in no time!

Nate and Lori said...

No more rhyming I mean it...anybody want a peanut?

Ok, I'm a huge nerd but thats what kept popping in my head. I'm totally impressed with your poem though. My favorite part is that you included the two moles, This'n and Thant'n. Cute!

Becky said...

Lori, gets a standing ovation for the Princess Bride quote. Probably THE best movie quote of all time. How funny that I kept thinking that as well. Birds of a feather, eh?

Haskins said...

WOW!! Did you make that up by your self!! That is so good!! Seriously you have so many hidden talents, I thought I knew you well but now I am starting to doubt myself!! That was very cute! I loved it.

Starley Family said...

Congrats!!! I must agree with prior sentiments that you have waaay too many talents for one person. Way to be, Beck. Way to be. It's a darling tribute.