Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wishin' on a star













So, we FINALLY got around to breaking the wishbone from the Thanksgiving turkey (only 3 months later). We let the kids do it and told them to make a wish. That night, as Isaac was going to bed, he was all sad and said, "Mommy, my wish didn't come true." When I asked what he wished for he said, "Pumpkin Pie." So what was I supposed to do?!! Let the poor kids' dream be crushed and his little heart forever broken? Nay! I cannot! So we hunted down a pie, baked it for an hour, let in cool for 2 hours and then surprised him with it in bed. He was so excited! So excited in fact, that he took one bite and said, "Oh shoot. I think I should have wished for super powers." Sorry buddy, can't help ya there.

14 comments:

AJ said...

Hahaahahaha! That made me laugh out loud for real. "I should of wished for super powers." Journal that one.

Peterson Fam said...

That's great! It's so sad to think that they will eventually stop staying these funny things.

By the way, I love the updated blog backgrounds. SOOOO cute! -Bethany

rexandkate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

That is too darn cute and you are such a cute mom to try and make all your kids wishes come true!

-Brookey Bred

The Long Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Long Family said...

That is really funny!!! I love that his only wish was pumpkin pie - kid after my own heart!

The Farrell Family said...

That is such a cute story Becky! Kids are so hilarious. I love that you actually made him a pumkin pie. What a cute mom. :)

Nate and Lori said...

You should have taken a picture of the small bite that he took of that entire pie. Hopefully it didn't all go to waste.

Parkinson Family said...

Too adorable! What a sweet wish! Lucky he wished for pie before those super powers! Happy Anniversary!!!

Haskins said...

That is so cute!! I hope things are going well!! I love what kids say and wish for!! You get mom of the year award!

Andrew J Robison said...

Hello Johnson's! Thanks for finding my blog! Wow, it's been a long time...about 10 years! WOW! Yep I live here in Manila Philippines. I like it here, I'll be back in Utah sometime this year when we get married. But I'll probably be hanging out here for a while, started a small business over here that is quickly growing, so we will see where that goes. You guys haven't changed a bit! Take Care! Andy Robison

katierasmussen said...

Becky,
Hey! It's Katie Gibby Rasmussen. Haley showed me your blog and I wanted to say hi. I can't believe how old your kiddies look. They are so darling and what a sweet Mom you are! It sounds like you guys are enjoying it out there, I'm so glad! We need to get Haley into the blogging world. Take care!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

I always love reading Isaac and Lexi stories. Always makes me laugh! Too cute!

Starley Family said...

You are the cutest mom ever! Way to deliver.