Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hubba Bubba
















Dear Drew,
Don't worry, I won't embarrass you with a long, public letter of affection or anything. I just want you to know that I fully expect you to wear that head sweatband I gave you today. It doesn't matter that it's too small, or that it's navy blue. What matters is that it was a gift from the heart. So put it on and stop being such a cranky pants about this awful east coast humidity!! Oh, and I love you and think you are a wonderful dad. Amen.




(Please take note of Lexi's sweeeet koolaid 'stache)

10 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

You have such a beautiful family. We can't wait to have a little game night fun in JULY!!! Happy Fathers day Andy, you're one lucky guy.

Darice Auston said...

Just keep complaining Andy--it totally makes the humidity go away. It's worked like a charm for me for 7 years

Nate and Lori said...

Sadly when you enlarge the picture you can see the sweat dripping from Andy's head.

Haskins said...

You do have such a beautiful family!! Hope you had a good fathers day!

Dr. J said...

I'd like to publicly thank Lori for pointing out the sweaty forehead. When Becky asked me if I liked the picture I said, "yeah, you all look cute, but I hate my greasy forehead". She swore nobody would notice. Thanks a lot. You will no longer see pictures of this guy on the blog again. I hate humidity. I hate it.

Becky said...

What the?! You're not supposed to ENLARGE the picture Lori! Sheesh! I'd like to keep my enlarged pores and zits to myself thank you very much.
So yeah, I'm not kidding when I say Andy has been a touch edgy lately. That could very well be the understatement of the year. In his defense he has been exceptionally "moist" these past few weeks. The other night he went to move a few boxes for me and came back looking like he'd run through the sprinklers. He didn't think it was as funny as I did when I asked him if he had been.
He keeps cursing Maryland and can't figure out "why anyone would CHOOSE to live here!". Now before anyone gets all offended and puts the Johnsons on their black list, let me just say that we love Maryland and think it's beautiful. But honestly compared to the dry air in Utah, we feel like we're drowning out here!

The Gibby's said...

Ha! Beck, I just got off the phone with you before I read this and you were talking about this peave of Andy's. I got a kick out of actually seeing the proof (on his forhead) of just how attracted the stickyness is to him. It does strike me as odd how much more "humid" he looks than the rest of you.

Nate and Lori said...

Sorry for the controversy guys...I just think that it was so fitting. I feel the same way...I'm trying to clean teeth and there is sweat rolling down my back. Hope you'll forgive me Andy and let Becky put pictures of you up.

Christi said...

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I love your blog and I really enjoy keeping up with you and yours though it! I am a slacker about posting comments, though, and just wanted you to know that I do check it and enjoy it! Thanks for keeping in touch!

katierasmussen said...

You seriously crack me up! I love the way your write. It makes me laugh:)