Friday, June 13, 2008

Ooo la la

Just for kicks I thought I'd take a trip down memory lane and post some of our old crushes. Oh my, what were we thinking?!!!

The 1st crush I remember having was on this guy. mm mmm









Val Kilmer in the movie Willow. "There's a peck here with an acorn pointing at me!"

#2








Fer real. I think this is the one I'm most ashamed of. David Bowie, AKA: The Goblin King in the movie Labrynth. I can only claim that at the time of this crush I was young and inexperienced. I'm not sure what it was about this creepy man that captured my heart. Was it the fountain of long flowing tresses, the hairless bare chest, the scrawny legs in the all too revealing tights that used to make me blush, or the eye makeup? Perhaps it was because he looks like someone pinched his nose too hard and it never quite recovered.

#3










Now this crush I stand by. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Am I sensing a long hair theme here?


And now for Drew's list:
I have to admit there is a double standard here. He has to be very careful when answering these sorts of questions so maybe he's holding out on me.

#1









Pre Kmart Kathy Ireland. Apparently he snuck the swimsuit edition ad from a Sports Illustrated magazine and hung it in his locker in Jr. High. He thought he was pretty cool at the time.

#2









A cartoon? Surely you can do better than that, can't you Drew?

#3









A man crush on Johnny Depp. Mike and Matt -are you in agreement? (It's been an ongoing inside joke between the Johnson males for quite sometime.)

12 comments:

The Gibby's said...

You know I had all those crushes with you, Beck. Well, at least the Val Kilmer, particularly in 'Willow' "I wouldn't steal from a baby!", and David Bowie. Loved the way he sang to her in 'The Labyrinth as she was running around on the stairs that kept changing crying "Toby. Toby!" (please use a lot of drama as you say this) I think you would find you might still have a little somethin' somethin' for them if you re-watched those movies. C'mon Beck...girls night out when you get into town? I need closure!!! Andy, I just don't know what to tell ya about your crushes other than, when 'The Little Mermaid' came out I did a mean impersonation in the bath tub. :o) "Part of yooooooour woooooooorld"

Dr. J said...

I stand by every one of my crushes with pride. Of course, if you want to know my real list you'll have to ask me when Becky isn't around.

Starley Family said...

I was quite fond of Hugh Jackman myself. My sister-in-law joked that Nate looked like him in Kate and Leopold and now it's our own private joke (shared on the internet...). Nate always liked Jasmine from Aladdin...

Starley Family said...

Ummm...are you ignoring my real life tag...it's okay if you want to take a break from the taglines.

Nate and Lori said...

David Bowie is quite freaky...i can see the hugh Jackman thing though. Nate thinks that Belle was way better than Arielle.

This is a very cute and creative blog post idea. We might just have to copy.

katierasmussen said...

Totally with you on the hugh jackman crush. My big one was good old uncle Jesse (John Stamos) and Zack from saved by the bell (Mark-paul grossler) my room was plasterd with posters of him. I had dreams of being kelly kapowski:)

Lis said...

This is probably something I'd never admit outloud, but your bravery inspired me... It took me years to think ANYONE was hotter than VAL!! And yes, Labrynth was in my Top 5 for longer than any normal person would allow! Another reason (besides the music, baby!) why the 80's rocked! Are we sharing a bit too much info here!?!?
And in Andy's defense... I knew SEVERAL guys who had it rough getting over Ariel.
Gotta love honesty!!! :)

Dr. J said...

Belle. Pssshhhhh. I think Nate just has a problem with Redheads. I've sensed the animosity since day 1. How can you top the clam shells? That's what I want to know.

Becky said...

I guess I should go get me some shells!!

The Gibby's said...

I hear the smaller the shells the better Beck. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes Hugh Jackman. Just had to join in on that one.

Mike said...

Johnny Depp is smokin' hot.