Sunday, June 29, 2008

Polka Dots























I am happy to report that our move is complete and we are finally settled into our new townhome. Whew! This is the 10th place we've called home in the 7 years we've been married. No, we don't enjoy moving that much -it's just worked out that way. Lucky me. And even though we only moved like one block up the street we are consequently banished from our current ward. Boo. But besides that one little hangup we are totally stoked to have more space and a yard. In fact, my kids have been outside non-stop, hunting for worms, since we moved in. Hey, they didn't call Isaac "Nature Boy" at preschool for nothin'! He's always collecting acorns, rocks, sticks or bugs. On our first night, my kids were eaten alive by the mosquitoes. I counted 33 bites (or "polka dots" as Lexi calls them) on Isaac and 28 on Lexi. The poor things have scratched their skin right off! but it doesn't stop them from going out. We just drench them in bug spray first! :)

8 comments:

Bloom Family said...

Polka Dots are no fun, but I'm so glad you guys get to have a yard! No more climbing up 4 flights of stairs! We're sad for the ward boundaries but I guess it will be okay if we're still friends! :) We hope you guys have a wonderful time in Utah!

The Gibby's said...

Ikes! Hate those skeeters! I'm glad you got moved in to your new place. You'll have to post some pics of your new place either on your blog or email them to the fam. I can't WAIT to see you guys on Wednesday! Yahooo-hoooo!

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

Sorry about the bugs, but glad you guys are moved in and everything went well. We will miss you guys at church, but we will still get together and hang out!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Yuck! And I thought the 3 huge ones on my left leg were bad! I am going to miss seeing you guys every Sunday!

The Long Family said...

Yahoo for more space!! I forgot that would put you guys into a different ward - that stinks!

Paul said...

I think what you meant to say was that you GET to come to a new and awesome ward......right?

Nate and Lori said...

I don't want to talk about how you'll be in a new ward. Its too depressing. The new house is so nice though and I'm so impressed with how quickly you pulled it all together. I need to learn a thing or two from you.

adventure knitter said...

welcome to the ward! what's with eldersburg people banishing us just for moving a couple of blocks or miles?? what the sac.