Friday, January 2, 2009

Hershey, PA


So Monday was such a beautiful day we decided to hit the road and head out to Hershey, Pennsylvania with Lexi as our trusted navigator. Our destination?.....


Chocolate World!!! Oh yeah.


It was only about a 90 minute drive and we got to go on this ride-on tour that showed us how the chocolate is made, browse through the fun gift shop, and enjoy the delicious samples. Well, everyone enjoyed the chocolatey goodness except me that is. Boo. My mother would be so disappointed.


I think this chapstick has actually made their lips "chappier" because they keep licking the chocolate flavoring off. Yuck! Although I do remember eating a stick of yummy tangerine chapstick back in the day. Oh and a banana one too.

8 comments:

Dave and Sherri said...

What a fun family trip! I'm so glad you guys can do that. I think I need to go there. :) What a yummy idea! You'll have to plan to go again when baby 3 comes so you can also enjoy the Chocolate!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

Haha, yeah I remember the chapstick eating days. Yummmm ... although it was a little waxy. Maybe chapstick has gotten tastier, I should check that out.

Parks Family said...

Looks like you had fun. Glad you were able to get out of the house and Baltimore. I love Hersey PA. In the summertime the streets actually smell like chocolate! Sorry we missed New Years. Hope it was lots of fun.

James and Amy said...

Glad you guys had a good time! That picture of Lexi looking at the map is so funny ... sunglasses on, legs kicked up on the seat! love it. :)

Nate and Lori said...

I'm sorry that we didn't invite you...I thought that when we had talked about it a few weeks earlier you had said you didn't want to go on Christmas Eve. Next time, I promise!

The Gibby's said...

Mmmm. I remember those yummy "Avon" tangerine and banana chapsticks.

Beck, you MUST be very ill if YOU were not able to enjoy the chocolately goodness of the most chocolately place in the country. So sorry. Looks fun though!

The Farrell Family said...

Looks like a fun little getaway. Not feeling good enough to eat chocolate huh? Very sad Becky. Hope you are feeling better soon!

katierasmussen said...

Yum, I need to go there someday, but they'd probably have to kick me out because I would eat to much!!