Sunday, March 8, 2009

Crafting Mojo



So I've been wanting a family home evening board for quite a while but just haven't gotten around to making one for several reasons. #1-I don't want to spend the $$, #2-I haven't been able to find anything unique, and #3-Not knowing how many more offspring I'm going to reproduce :) presents the problem of how many pegs to put in such a board. But yesterday morning I came up with the perfect solution! I put together this FHE board entirely out of scraps I had laying around my house. It didn't cost me a dime and the best part is it's entirely magnetic so I can add to it as much as I want or take all the pieces off and use the board for something different altogether. Problem solved.

I haven't been into crafting much since we've moved here and I think that's mostly due to the limited stores and supplies available. I miss all the cute little shops and boutiques in Utah that I used to use as my creative inspiration. One of the reasons I enjoy working on projects so much is because they are one of the few things I accomplish in a day that actually stays done. Do you know what I mean? On a daily basis I am cleaning and cooking and doing all sorts of chores that are only reversed minutes later. It's just nice to finish something once in a while that actually stays finished.

15 comments:

Tyler, Brooke, Britain, Braden and Beckham said...

Why was I not blessed with the "crafty" Christensen genes? Honestly, this is absolutely darling! How are you? I want to see your belly, I bet mine is twice your size!

Darice Auston said...

So cute Becky! Watch out or you'll be teaching how to make it at enrichment :-)

adventure knitter said...

I love it! i want to make one too...hmmm...watch out, i'll be asking for a "how-to" soon...

Nate and Lori said...

Cute! Don't worry about having to teach it in Enrichment because that stinkin tin is so hard to find out here.

Clark and Liesel said...

That is adorable! I love it! Magnent boards are the greatest.

Parkinson Family said...

ooooo-pretty! Love it! And I totally miss Utah's cute scrapbook stores too!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Very cute, so where do you find that tin? Maybe I can find it in North Carolina! :)

Lis said...

Ummm... Amen on the irreversability of crafting projects. Well said! :) Now, if I can just find a bit more time for fun projects!

Sheryl said...

That is completely perfect! I am so impressed at your ability to put that together with scraps you had at home. I love it--you are sure talented.

Memorable Wrappers said...

You don't have to reproduce any of your children. They all came out great the first time!

Becky said...

Ummmm, I'd say that's debatable... KIDDING!!

Unknown said...

That is such a good idea! You did such a cute job. I know what you mean about it staying done..I get so tired of picking up after my kids(I use my long toes like you do-especially being prego)

The Gibby's said...

So cute beck! I am going to call you and get the know how on this. I was so robbed of the crafty gift. I'll just have to settle with being a copy cat.

Bloom Family said...

Cute board! The magnetic back was a great solution to not knowing how many spaces to add. I might just have to copy it!

Hauni said...

How in the world can you have all that cute stuff laying around your house? Good job, I'm really inspired!