Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break 2009

One of the few perks of being a student family is that every year we get a spring break. Last year was Myrtle Beach. This year we decided on Williamsburg, Virginia.

Isaac is always so good to pick "flowers" (tucked in my hair) for me whenever we go on walks or hikes. =D Cute kid.


We started out in Colonial Williamsburg. The weather was perfect for walking up the cobbled streets and eating ice cream while enjoying all the cute little houses and shops along the way.


We walked around this cute little church building in the center of town and I was trying to take a picture of Lex sitting in one of the pews when this little face jumped up and scared the bejeebees out of me.



Just outside the church -and now that I think about it, I guess it wasn't very respectful to let our kids climb all over the trees. Such white trash.


We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge which was the sole purpose we chose to go to Williamsburg in the fist place. This hotel was amazing! Fully equipped with an enormous indoor water park, a video arcade, a full service salon, a kids craft room, a space center, pajama story time for the kids every night, etc. Once we checked in we never wanted to leave! This will definitely be a vacation we remember for a long, long time.

9 comments:

The Gibby's said...

Looks like a fun trip Beck! Your tummy looks so cute!

Lindsey, J.D. said...

We did a short trip to Williamsburg for spring break a few years back! But the weather wasn't quite as nice and the hotel (free b/c we attended a time share presentation) was also not as nice! But we still had a great time. Looks like a perfect little trip.

Parks Family said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had so much fun. We are going to have to check out that hotel some time. sorry isaac lost his shorts poor kid! Where are you going to go next year?

Nate and Lori said...

Man I'm bummed that we didn't comes with. The wave pool looks amazing! And really...its too bad that you didn't take more photos of Isaac losing his shorts. You're belly is looking adorable, btw!

Aaron and Melissa said...

Our kids LOVED going there too! They still ask all of the time when we can go back there. They are about done with a new one here in NC about 1 hour from us! I am sure we will make another trip sometime! Cute pics.

adventure knitter said...

dude, i want to go there!! we'll have to go back and check out that hotel before we move from maryland (and no, we're not moving anytime soon)

Lis said...

Glad you had a great trip!! :) Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Parkinson Family said...

Hey Guys...I need some new tunes..I'm looking to get some stuff that blends with Jack Johnson, Matt Costa, and Ben Harper. I new you guys were fans so could you give me some of your fav artists that are in the same vein or some of your favorite albums of the above 3? Also do you have any favorite websites that you use for you camping/outdoorsy stuff that you do. Would you mind passing those along too?
Thanks,
JP

Molly said...

How fun, Becky! I can't wait till the summer so we can start doing vacations! Your a cute prego!!