Last year we were able to hit 2 of the 3 cities known as America's Historic Triangle: Jamestown and Williamsburg. This year we hit the 3rd.
Yorktown.
Yorktown.
We started out in the visitor center where we watched a movie about the battle in Yorktown which was really educational and interesting (even for the kids!) and then we were able to walk through a replica of the kinds of ships used back then. I think I would've died of claustrophobia.
Seriously.
Seriously.
I'm really thankful that my kids are able to have these experiences. Even though they're young, I hope they will remember what they've seen and that it will spark a little more interest during their studies of American history.
We were excited and surprised to run into this guy
(Paul, not the ranger)
and his cute little family while we were down there. We caravan-ed through the auto tour together AND were graced with a lot of interesting facts from Paul's dad/American history brainiac.
(Paul, not the ranger)
and his cute little family while we were down there. We caravan-ed through the auto tour together AND were graced with a lot of interesting facts from Paul's dad/American history brainiac.
Melanie and I standing in front of the Moore House.
This is where the terms of surrender were negotiated and the treaty was signed. Pretty cool.
This is where the terms of surrender were negotiated and the treaty was signed. Pretty cool.



2 comments:
awesome! we're thinking that we're going to take our kids next month!
Wow, Beck. This is really cool. I wish so much we could be there to see these things with you guys! Love your jacket btw.
Post a Comment