Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of having daughters of my own. The matching outfits... the pretty hair bows...the chatting and giggling while braiding beautiful, waist-long hair...
And then I had Lex.
A bald, stubborn, tom-boy of a girl (who just happens to be the light of my life and I wouldn't change a thing about her...except maybe the stubborn part Ü).
Lexi's kindergarten teacher just thinks she's a riot and is often coming up to me and telling me funny little stories that happen at school. But yesterday she pulled me aside and told me a story that made me teary and so proud of my strong willed, sassafrass. Apparently there's several cliques among the class (ALREADY?!) and there's a few girls that always get left out. Well, the other day, the students took turns choosing a friend to coordinate outfits with for "twins day" and Lexi was one of the first to chose. Her teacher said she stood up front and without any prompting, confidently chose a cute little girl named Kiyana, who usually gets left out. I guess the little girl was just beaming the rest of the day & her mother -whom the teacher hadn't seen since the first day of school- came in the next day just to see who Lexi was and to say how happy her daughter was to be chosen.
I've often wondered how Drew and I, who are both pretty easy going, laid back folk, ended up with such a spunky, happy-go-lucky child but I feel so blessed to be called her mother. I learn so much from her. Isn't it funny that, as her mother, she is teaching me? I'm just hoping that one day her determination and bull headed-ness will come in handy. Like being a leader and avoiding peer pressure as a teen. I could also see her using it to drive her parents into insanity, so we'll see. It could go either way.



7 comments:
Oh my cuteness! Your girls are so adorable. That was such a sweet story about Lexi! I hope I can have two girls someday to dress in matchy matchy clothes! :)
Glad you guys had such a fun Spring Break! I am impressed at all the fun things you guys did. Fun to see you in person last night and not just "see" you on your blog. :)
aw! I love it. I remember always dressing up cute with my sister. Hopefully i'll have a couple (at least one I hope) little girlies to dress up cute someday!
I love the matching outfits! They are so cute together!!
So adorable! Id better have another girl someday.
Lexi is looking so grown up in that top picture! What a cute little strong willed girly she is!
What a sweet story! We love Lex!
Beck, that cute story of Lex made me tear up. I just love that cute, quirky little personality of hers. Yet she is so tender-hearted. She will absolutely be a leader.
Your matching girls are ADORABLE and also a dream of mine. I also used to dream of having girls, girls, girls. Doing hair, nails, shopping, matching clothes. Doing fun "girlie" things together as they got older. Not the way things turned out for me, but I will live vicariously through you and Rex's girls. :o)
Post a Comment