Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dance Recital

After Isaac's soccer game this morning, we headed home and got ready for Lexi's (1st ever!) dance recital. She was SOOO excited!

Hair extensions, sparkles, and make up?

Why the heck wouldn't she be excited?!

She performed one tap dance and one ballet number but I don't have any pictures of her onstage due to a stupid "no photography" rule they strictly enforced this year. Booo.



"The bun"


Lexi's adoring crowd
{Wish we could've seen some grandparents!}


Trying to get sister's attention during the curtain call Ü



We wanted to make the day special by getting Lexi some little flowers or something but since her recital fell on Mother's Day weekend, I knew that even a carnation would be ridiculously overpriced.

*So we decided to get creative*

Isaac made the cute little kiss roses in her right hand (awww...) and I made the bouquet in her left. They are actually hair clips that I put together almost entirely out of supplies that I already had on hand (minus a few scraps of tulle). Then I just clipped them onto a bushel of leaves/stems that were already plucked bare of all flowers from a previous project...

and VOILA! You've got yourself a non-perishable, inexpensive, multi-purpose bouquet of love.

Lexer-Lex did such a great job and we are so proud of our little twinkle toes!!

What a day!

2 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

Lexi looks like she's 15 in these pictures. Her expression is so cute. I was hoping to see a better close up on those flowers that you made. They look pretty nice.

The Gibby's said...

What a darling post Beck! How do you come up with things like your flower bouquets?! Amazing.

All this dance stuff reminds me of you and wishing I could be more like you. She looks beautiful.