Thursday, May 6, 2010

Rupunzel, Rupunzel...

...let down your golden hair...


Lexi has a dance recital this weekend and she's supposed to wear her hair in a bun but since the poor child can barely squeeze it into a little nub on the back of her head, I decided to experiment.

Uh oh, that usually means trouble.

Actually, this time it worked out quite well. I headed over to my ex-employer (of many years), Sally Beauty Supply, to buy some blond synthetic hair. Problem is, here in Baltimore, they only sell it in black, very black and blacker than black.

{Go figure}

Luckily though, I was fortunate enough to lay my eyes upon this little clip-in pony (on clearance!). Excellent. So I took it home with me, cut out a chunk of hair from the center so you can't even see it's gone and used that strand to wrap around Lexi's bun.

Worked like a charm!



And the best part is, we still have a lovely, perfectly usable ponytail in which to swing while we walk or ride a bike...

...and BOY, does it swing!

3 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

LOVE it!! Looks real to me!

adventure knitter said...

does lexi love that shirt too? mia's been wearing hers pretty much every day!

Nate and Lori said...

I keep telling Nate that I want to get hair extensions...the Jessica Simpson ones that are all styled. He thinks that I'm nuts.

I laughed at the fact that you couldn't find blond hair. In the future, those are the ones that are always clearanced at TJMAxx because nobody buys them. Believe me...they tempt me everytime.