Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother(s) dear

Meet my mom...


Well...meet my mom, 30 years ago, when rockin' a perm and fushia blush was hot. Ü

I've always liked this picture of her. I think she looks beautiful.


I just want to take a moment on my little bit of cyberspace to thank my dear, sweet mother for everything she has done for me. She has sacrificed so much over the years in order to stay at home and raise 8 children and I'm so thankful she made that choice. She was under-appreciated and under-paid yet she was always there when I came home from school and she always picked up the phone when I called home about a forgotten homework assignment or some trivial emotional episode. To this day, there is just something about the sound of my moms voice that is so reassuring and comforting to me. My mom is beautiful, clever, creative, a
super speller Ü, and has a wonderful sense of humor. She has passed her love of laughter on to her children and there's nothing we like better then sitting around the kitchen table goofing around and telling funny stories as a family.


I love this picture because it brings back such a fond memory of mine. I remember waking up and being SO excited for my birthday. I was still in bed when my mom gave me my present. It was a new tutu and pink leotard that she'd made for me (probably late into the night) to wear to my birthday party. I loved it and I felt so beautiful in it. I am a lucky girl because that's the kind of person my mom is. Always working tirelessly behind the scenes, always serving her family, always putting others needs in front of her own.


My mom is kind and gentle and she's wonderful with babies. It's so fun to watch her play with her grandchildren because they all just adore her. She is also a woman of great faith. She's always striving to improve herself and inspiring those around her. I've never heard a bad word escape her mouth (unless you consider "crumb" a bad word). She loves to read and I love that about her. I love her handwriting. She's quick on her feet in a sticky situation and she can seriously Macgyver her way out of anything from mending a ripped wedding dress hours before the reception to capturing escaped hamsters (using poster board to funnel them into a plastic cup) hiding behind the piano. You never cease to amaze me mom. I love you so much! Thank you for all you've done for us!!



And here's to another lady I'd like to thank today because she's also had an amazing impact on my life. Andy's mom, Deb, is the best mother-in-law a girl could hope for. She is loving and welcoming and has the most warm, friendly smile. She's beautiful with thick, dark hair and olive skin. She's an excellent cook and a doting grandmother.

Andy has such fond memories of his childhood. He remembers his mother reading to them every night and can't ever remember her yelling. Wow! Wish MY kids could say that!


She was always so good to play with her kids and give them plenty of opportunities to explore, play, and grow. I don't think there's anything she wouldn't do to help her family. She is a fantastic mother and a wonderful example and I am so thankful she did such a splendid job raising Andy.

Thank you Mothers, for being so amazing!! We love you and hope you enjoy this very HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

2 comments:

The Gibby's said...

Becky, let me be the first to second everything you said about mom. She truly is an incredible woman who I can only dream of being more like. She looks beautiful in those pictures. No wonder you are such a babe! :o) Yeah for wonderful moms!

Oh, and those pictures of Andy are adorable! His frame is so much like Isaac. Feet and hands too. So cute.

Sheryl said...

What a great tribute to your moms. I love reading about wonderful parents who teach their kids so much.