Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Recap

All ready for church!
(and then we found out it was cancelled)


[Christmas Eve]

Checking out the new (desperately needed!) pj's.
I didn't know if we'd make it til Christmas, to be honest. My kids have been sporting belly shirts and wedgies for the past 3 months!


[Christmas morning]

Some of Isaac's favorite gifts from Santa included:

*A cool new soccer ball (somehow his old one mysteriously went flat from multiple pencil stabbing holes)

*Super Mario Bros

*A big tub of Legos


I like to call this, "Diabetes in a Glass"
Yeah those aren't straws. They're giant Pixie Stix (compliments of Mr. Claus)

At last!! After months of begging and pleading, Lexi FINALLY has a purple unicorn Pillow Pet in her possession!

Some of her other favorites were:

*A Bump It

*An Umbrella

*A fluffy, pink suitcase {w/wheels and retractable handle!}


K, can I just say that these things are awesome? They're jewelry making beads -only without the hassle string threading or searching for miniscule beads scattered around the kitchen, never to be seen again. These pop-able beads easily snap together and can be taken apart and reused. All 3 of my kids have spent hours playing with these. Even Isaac's been busy creating things for me and his sisters.


This little girl had such a great Christmas. As soon as she opened those yogurt melts though, she was done. She didn't want to open anything else. She attempted to unwrap a few {one handed} but decided it wasn't worth the effort.


She did get to Baby Elmo however, or, "La La La" as she calls him. He giggles and sings and London adores him.

London was also very excited to get:

*A baby

*A stroller

*Some bath tub toys


We've had a lot of fun playing the games given to us by Papa and Grandma Johnson. The kids and I are considering banning Andy from any and all future games of Operation though. He's got some mad skillz and it's no fair...he's had TRAINING!

3 comments:

Nate and Lori said...

It looks like it was a nice Christmas for you guys...the pixie stick drink thing is making me sick. I can hadly eat one of those at a time let alone 3 and with a drink. Reese and London have the exact same taste. They will have to get together to play with "Melmo" or "La La La"

Darice Auston said...

I was holding out on the PJ's too. If I had to squeeze Scout into those fitted pj's that are too small following a bath with her body not quite dry again, I was going to cheat. Luckily G. Auston bought her some in November to hold us off.

Operation doesn't sound like fun with a trained professional. What we do need is to get Darryl and Andy practiced up on Perfection--that'll get 'em moving faster and hopefully translate to quicker surgeries at work. With the threat of teeth or intestines blasting out at me when the buzzer rings, I'd move a little faster :-)

adventure knitter said...

we have those pop beads too! love them!!! hours of good fun...