
The minute I held that tiny bundle in my arms, I looked into his adorable, squishy face and I was overwhelmed with love. He was perfect. I'll never forget those curious, little grey eyes looking back at me, blinking slowly, so full of trust. I determined right then and there that I was going to be the perfect mother. I would protect him from the world. I would teach him right from wrong. We would sing all day and never yell and he would always remember to say please and thank you. We would read together everyday and he would never want to watch TV or play video games.
I laugh now at how unrealistic some of those expectations were. I definitely am nowhere NEAR the perfect mom. But Isaac's a good boy and he's always been a good sport about being my little guinea pig (poor kid).
5 years
There are times when I look at this boy and wonder how in the heck he grew up so fast. He's going to be all grown up & on his own before I know it. But then again, I took him in for his annual well check this week and the pediatrician had to extract a glob of blue Play Dough from his ear (he claims to no nothing of how it got there). Guess he's not quite a man yet!













4 comments:
I LOVE the play dough story! Paul and I laughed a lot. Also, I always thought that London looks a lot like Isaac, but looking at those pictures I was surprised just how much they look alike. What cute kids!
Awww, I LOVE seeing all those pics and "watch" him growing up! Happy Birthday buddy! We love you! Someday SOON we'll actually mail this birthday card we have sitting on our counter for ya! ;)
Happy Birthday Isaac! James and I were just talking the other day how much Isaac and Lexi have grown up since we all moved here. It was fun to see all his baby pics.
Blue play dough huh? Awesome. I hope he had a wonderful birthday, he is a good kid!
Post a Comment