Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Give me a break

One of the perks of dental school is that Drew had an entire 2 week break over the holidays. Although it went too fast, we really enjoyed having him around. We were able to take a few fun trips, we saw the national Christmas tree in D.C., we went to Arundel Mills Mall to shop and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks (which the kids LOVED, by the way. Isaac laughed and Lexi danced throughout the whole show!), we played games, talked to family on the webcam...












The day after Christmas we drove to Virginia. For those of you who haven't seen the Luray Caverns, you really should go. They were incredible! At one point we were 16 stories underground. Being the claustrophobe that I am, I was really quiet uneasy down there but, no worries, we made it out alive.

























We also stopped at the Shenandoah River. Although Andy was bummed he didn't have his fishing pole, we had fun skipping rocks and just enjoyed being outdoors.

























I think he'll need a bit more spinach......













A beautiful lookout point of the Shenandoah Valley. The mist was a cool aesthetic touch to the sunset.

4 comments:

The Long Family said...

I am glad you guys had such a nice Christmas! I know it's hard to be away from family during the holidays but what a treat to be with your own little family and start your own traditions! Happy New Year!

Parkinson Family said...

Happy New Year! Your family did so many cool things over the break! I'm glad you had time to spend together. I love the donkey and Mary picture!

Nate and Lori said...

I'm glad that you guys were able to get away a little bit during the break. The caves look awesome...maybe you can take us there some time.

Starley Family said...

Wow that is a really pretty shot. It's fun to discover new places. Nate and I will have to check out those cool caves. Bummer about the fishing. Nate and I have two poles if you guys ever want to borrow them (I think they have had more use from borrowers than owners).