Sunday, January 13, 2008

Parrrrrr-ty Hearrrrrr-ty


















We had a pirate party for Isaac yesterday. I put together these little costumes at the last minute, making the vest and boots for Isaac. I thought they turned out pretty well considering I didn't have a pattern or anything.













Welcome to chaos! It was loud. It was crazy. It was out of control. But they all seemed to be having fun so it was worth it! Here, the kids are on their scavenger/treasure hunt. We also painted treasure boxes, decorated telescopes, and played 'hot potato', substituting the potato with a ball that looked like a jellyfish. They had to quickly pass it before they got "stung" (music stops).













We also had a pinata at Isaac's request. I know we're crazy to do it inside but when you're on the 4th floor of an apartment with no grass, your options are pretty scarce.


















A pitiful scallywag. "Arrrrr"


























Check it out- those lips are making quite a reach! Also, the cheek expansion. Not an easy task singly and together, near impossible. Try it. Seriously. You- yeah, you -the one sitting there, reading this blog. Come on, don't be shy. No one is watching. Just try to pucker your lips while you puff your cheeks out like that! Tee hee hee. That was awkward.

8 comments:

Haskins said...

SO Cute!! YOur kids are so lucky that you can sew!! His party looked like so much fun! You look like a pretty mean pirate!!

Clark and Liesel said...

What an awesome birthday party! You are so creative Becky! Isaac was so excited to tell me today in Primary that he had a Pirate party yesterday. It was so cute! I love the costumes, the activities that you came up with them and your ambition to hosting a party for so many little ones! The cake looks awesome!

Parkinson Family said...

You are so brave to host an awesome pirate party for Isaac! Five years old is so big! He'll be ready for kindergarten! I'm sure the children loved it - you thought of so many creative ideas for them to do!

Nate and Lori said...

That cake is awesome! I heard so much about the party in Primary that it must have been good. I'm lovin your pirate face too...so cute!

The Long Family said...

You are such an awesome and fun mom!!! What a fun time!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little family you have! It was fun looking through your blog. I'm glad you found me. :)

Our Bitter Sweet Life with T1D said...

What a darling party theme. I bet he loved it. Did you make the cake? What a fun idea. Poor Aden and Addy have their birthdays in the same week. I bought all the stuff to have a party for Aden, but it still hasn't happened yet. You are such a great mom!

Starley Family said...

I love it all Beck. That's so fun. Especially the pinata. The shark was a nice touch. Such a fun mom!