So last week we were able to get a steal on some tickets to the Orioles/Blue Jays game, so we rounded up a bunch of friends to enjoy some peanuts and cracker jacks, with us. O.K. so we didn't really have peanuts and cracker jacks but it was fun none-the-less. Why do I never remember to get a group shot? Anyway, I think Lexi ate an entire bag of pistachios (or 'stachios, as she calls them) all by herself (Little oinker!) and Isaac had a great time talkin' trash to Drew, who is a BIG Jay's fan. "They're going down!"
After the game as we walked back to the metro, we had to scrounge up a bunch of change for Isaac to give to the homeless people. You've got to take advantage of those learning opportunities when you get 'em, right?
We literally had to hunt this bird down! We followed him around like half the stadium before he finally saw the kids under that gigantuous mascot head. Lex thought it was funny that he gave her a kiss and Isaac was very proud that his high five was so powerful it hurt the Orioles hand...or was it a wing?
Well...we're 2 for 2!! I hope my kids don't expect that every time we go to a game we're bringing a ball home but Drew just had to get this one for Lex. It was the Alexis Rios home run ball -his first home run of the season, I'm told. Lex was thrilled so I guess I'm off to go buy another display case. What a great Daddy!



8 comments:
I love that you called her an "oinker"! I'm going to use that now!
Becky,
Im glad you found our blog. I love yours. Your choice of style/ template is really cool.
Now we can get to know each other better. There is just never enough time at church to chat. So are you planning any runs for this year? I'd like to join in a 5K, let me know of any. Greg and I just went wall climbing on a double date with our neighbors. I have a neighbor who is awesome and so friendly. She runs alot! She has done three marathons and will do a 10K soon followed by a 1/2 marathon in June. She says full marathons really wear her out so she won't be training for that, at least for now.
Anyhow. I just mailed you an invitation to come to my house for a ladies afternoon/ Southern Living Party. Its last minute- this Saturday 26th. 3-5 p.m. I procrastinated getting the invites out. I understand if your already busy. Well, take care. My email address is bevgams@yahoo.com
Hugs,
Bev (a.k.a. primary music lady, Payton's mom) - Yes, Payton would love to play with Isaac sometime. call us!
Hi Becky & Andy,
Holy cow it's been forever! I hope you remember me! I found your blog from the link on Lisa's blog. You guys look great and have such a beautiful family! Lisa's blog has a link to my website that she named world travelers if you want to check it out. Anyways, it's fun to see what you guys are up to and I just wanted to say hi.
Jen (Leavitt) Solomon
You did remember to take a group picture, we just knew that if we tried to ask all of the guys to get in for a group shot, we'd never hear the end of it. Likse seriously, how hard is it to smile for a picture?
Thanks for inviting us. If it weren't for you guys we'd never go anywhere.
What a fun family trip! It looks like the kiddos really enjoyed it!
That looks like so much fun!! YOu guys have done such fun things as a family! I love it! That is when being in school is fun because you can experience all of those things!
I haven't been to an orioles game yet and we've been here for two years. Chad went with a group of guys when we first moved here and enjoyed it. I love baseball games because they remind me of my childhood. My dad would take me to games sometimes. We haven't taken Aden yet because we didn't know if he would like it or sit through it, but it looks like Lexi did well. We will have to go to one soon.
Post a Comment