
I know, I know. I'm being overly dramatic -but lately it sure feels like I'm a single parent and let me tell you, it SUCKS! Now I'm not saying Drew's sitting around picking his nose (well, he does that too). In fact, it's been just the opposite. He's been super busy and studying tons (locked in the bathroom with the fan on to get some peace and quiet, in fact. Isn't that pathetic?) He's feeling really burnt out with school right now and quite frankly, so am I. I've been staying up WAY past my bed time because I hate going to bed alone. I've been filling my lonely nights reading. I think I've read over 1000 pages just this week alone. I miss my hubby.
Here's a pic of the kids and I having FHE without Andy. :( I made the kids their aprons for Christmas last year and recently made my apron out of the left over fabric from the yoga mat bag, I made ages ago. Anyone who knows me, knows that chocolate chip cookies are my Achilles heel. My biggest weakness, if you will. And yes, I did, single handedly, finish off the first batch and had to make another to send in my boys lunches for tomorrow. Is that a problem?

Luckily we have our dear friends to play with and get us out of the house or I think we'd go crazy! Here, we went to this beautiful park, just outside Baltimore, filled with all these tulips in every color and all these cool climbing trees. At least they were fun for climbing until someone mentioned the possibility of spiders while the kids were in a tree and Isaac FREAKED out and wouldn't go anywhere near them again. I have no one to blame but myself. He gets it from me. Andy has no problem grabbing unwanted spiders with his bare hands (EW!) to relocate them elsewhere. That's fine as long as he washes his hands before he touches me. I prefer to beat them to a pulp to make sure they are good and dead before they can have a bagillion babies!

Isaacs got his rhino shirt on...

Double trouble!



6 comments:
Hey Becky - I just thought I'd leave a comment and tell you how cute your kiddos are! I was in SLC last month and met up with Amy and Hauni at the zoo with our kids... Hauni gave me her blog and told me she had your link! Just wanted to say hello! You can check out my blog at
www.powellhappenings.blogspot.com
Andrea(Bird)Powell (from Von Curtis)
I know what you mean! When Graham was in Law school I felt that same way!
I am so with you! I am sick of being alone every night. I tried calling you on Saturday but you had already left without me. We need to hang out!
I can't wait to see you guys this summer. Here comes game night!
I know how you feel. It sucks when you have the kids solo for a 16 hour shift. Ah well. I'm sorry that you have that at this stage in the game...it does get better though. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.
Well, I know both sides now, without the kids part that is. Hang in there. Enjoy this summer once the boards are over. Almost done with one!
Post a Comment