
Today was Lexi's big day. Her first day of preschool. She was stoked and kept asking over and over if it was time to go yet. I had her help me pack up her school snack and take an extra long tubba (bath) just to distract her. Didn't really work but....
Now we all know that the very best thing about starting a new school year is getting new shoes, right? Lexi was sure that hers could make her jump higher and run faster. As soon as they were on her feet she tested them out with a wicked vertical and said "Hey! They're not working!"

She had no problem with me leaving and I did better this time 'round because I brought back up (Drew). He and I were actually even able to go to lunch -just the two of us (insert jumping heel click here). This whole school thing may not be so treacherous after all.

Just a cute picture I thought I'd throw up here.



5 comments:
Too bad her shoes didn't work. You should ask for your money back!
That picture of the two of you together is darling.
I keep thinking I'll be relieved when the kids start school and that I'll be grateful for the break. I'm sure I'll end up crying though - they grow up TOO fast! Then I'll go to lunch with my hubby and get over it. :)
What will you do with all your 'free' time?
I am sure you will find something. Congratulations on getting your wonderful, cute children to the age of school. I wonder sometimes if mine will make it. ;)
Yeah Lex!! We are so happy you get to go to school now! Don't worry, my shoes don't work either..... :(
I just wanted to say that your kids are the sweetest! I LOVE watching how cute they are with Baby James, and with all their little friends. Just goes to show they've got great parents.
Post a Comment