Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Child's Prayer / Guilt Trip

Isaac offered the prayer last night before bedtime and it went a little something like this:

"Dear Heavenly Father,
Please bless that the Johnsons and the Kocherhans will come out here and visit us real soon so we can play with them and have lots of fun. Amen."

So families? What say ye? You wouldn't want to break this pleading boy's tender heart now would you? I'm just sayin'....

Actually, today was a big day for this fine young man (and his mother!). It was the very first day of Kindergarten!























I had a cute -oops- I mean, handsome collared shirt all picked out for him to wear today but the first thing he said slash yelled when he woke up this morning was "Can I wear my Rockband shirt?!" He played a bunch in Utah and you should hear his sweeeeet drumming skills. I absolutely LOVED watching him practice. He was concentrating so hard and kept the beat with a rhythmic little head bop. So funny. ANYWAY, I think I'd get the meanest mother of the year award if I said no to that excited little face, so what could I do?















He still looked very handsome. :) I was fighting back the tears as we headed for the school holding hands and he whispered to me that he was nervous. As soon as he entered the classroom though, he was happy and excited. I gave him a hug and kiss, wondered how much longer he would allow me to do that in front of his friends, then turned and left. I didn't cry by the way....just drank too much water.

He loved his first day, his teacher, and his "cute new girl friend that's kinda crazy". Lex starts preschool Friday so well see how see does. You should prolly wish her teacher good luck!

















See. My little drummer boy.

6 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

Isaac looks so handsome! The first day of kindergarten is so hard!! I drank way too much water just like you when Spencer started school. I can't believe how fast they grow up!!

Anita said...

Congratulations on the FIRST day of Kindergarten. That is a big step for mommies. I am sure it will be a little easier for you with Lexi, maybe you won't drink so much water. ;-)

Clark and Liesel said...

Awww..thats cute! I remember the first day of school. It seems like its usually harder for the moms than the kids. Way to be strong though! I can't believe how big he is getting!

James and Amy said...

Yeah, for our little Isaac starting school! I'm glad that he liked his first day and made a couple of friends.

The Gibby's said...

He DOES look cool in that shirt. I want me one of those! So glad to hear he is doing well. I know how worried you were about sending him to kindergarten. We love Isaac and miss him sooooo much! Be sure to tell him that. And we hope to be able to visit soon.

Anonymous said...

Becky, I can relate, I just sent Christian off to kindergarten too. Man, it is more brutal than I thought it would be, I wasn't expecting so much emotion! It seems like just yesterday we both had them in the hospital around the same time. Congrats on making it through the first day!