Urgent state of emergency here. I am currently experiencing somewhat of a minor crises and I don't know what do to about it. I don't even know if this is temporary or a chronic condition. See, I've lost my sense of smell. No, really. I can't smell a didilly dang thing. Zip, zero, zilch. I'm finally recovering from a 3 week sinus infection and I don't know if it was the medicines that caused this unfortunate condition or if the sinus pressure was so extreme it caused some damage or what. All I know is that no longer will I be able to enjoy the soul relaxing scent of a black permanent marker or the sweet, sweet aroma of freshly baked homemade brownies. Never again will the subtle whiffs of Jergens Cherry Almond Bark lotion tickle my nostrils after a glorious morning shower.
But alas, to make the best of a truly tragic situation, at least now I know I can eat green beans and beets (the two single most disgusting vegetables known to mankind) without gagging and I can walk through the perfume section of a department store without getting a headache. I can also take advantage of the fact that I can snuggle with a certain un-named individual without having to avoid the unpleasantry of morning breath. Sorry Drew but I told you I'd get you back for taking a picture of your slumbering wife with tissue shoved up both barrels. I still can't figure out how to get that off my phone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
What medications were you taking? You can e-mail them or call us if you want to keep that private.
Oh no! I am so sorry. I hope it comes back. But I am glad you can see the bright side of it with some things...I get a headache too in the perfume section at the mall.
I sure hope that those nose smellers come back soon. I'm with you though about not smelling certain things, especially these days. Hopefully the smells of vegetables/marinara sauce/tuna/meat/other things don't both me once this baby comes!!!
Wow Bec, I thought I had a busy summer. It was fun to look at your blog and see all the fun adventures you guys had this summer.
Remind me to never get on your ba side. Poor Andy. My sister once went on a date with a guy who had no sense of smell and she said his car stunk really bad. I'll let you know if this happens to you.
This IS an emergency! I haven't heard of it before, but you may want to check online for some info about that. You must smell again Beck. You MUST!!!
Did you get your smeller back in working order, yet?
I have a SIL who lost her smell altogether, she washes everything, all the time! She can't tell if it is dirty, so she cleans it. I really hope that doesn't happen to you. UGH! But then, there are some smells i could live without.
YOu crack me up!! Are you being serious cause I cant tell. That is a pretty funny story!
With three kids in diapers I have to admit I'm jealous! I'd love to miss some of these smells. But then little baby James smells so good after a bath. I'd definately miss that. The diapers, not so much.
Post a Comment